Finn Harries Imagine 9

They say that when you are young, you don’t know what love is. You aren’t mature to know if you truly love someone. However, I knew that I was in love with him. When you love someone, you are willing enough to spend the rest of your life with them. That’s why I agreed to marry him at such a young age. We had plans for the future; we were going to move to a beautiful house near Long Beach in California, adopt a dog from a rescue shelter and slowly grow a small family. If we had a girl, we would have named her Clara and if we had a little boy, his name would have been Jack- in honor of his twin. We were supposed to grow old together and see our grandchildren grow up. I remember walking in the church, all dressed in white. I was shacking so much because I knew my parents didn’t approve of my decision. The doors opened and I saw him standing at the end of the aisle. He was dressed all in black. Soon enough, we had exchanged our vows and I was now Mrs. Harries. We ran off to the limo, hand in hand, off to our secret destination. The plane took us to the beautiful Las Islas Cies in Spain. We stayed on the beach, relaxing for days until our vacation was over. The plane took us back to London where we went to put the final stuff in boxes. The boxes left on cargo and the house was empty. That same night, the unexpected happened. Finn had left to say goodbye to his parents, knowing that he won’t see them for a long time. All his family had been at his old place that night. I was going to take a cab to meet him there after I said goodbye to my friends. I got closer to the house of Finn’s parents; I noticed that all the lights were on. I started to worry when I didn’t see Finn’s car in the driveway. When I got in the house, everyone was around the phone. Tears filled their eyes. I noticed that Finn and I’s usual spot was empty. Their parents told me the news, Finn has been in a car accident earlier. He had been hit by a drunk driver. I was startled. My love, my heart, my life had all left me; just a week after we had made it official. All our plans for the future were gone. The next morning, I found myself in my house; wrapped in the only thing we had left in our house- the cozy blue blanket we used to cuddle in, all the time. For the next few days, I sat in my empty cold house. My heart felt the same way- it was cold and empty.  A week later, the funeral had all been planned. I changed by hair color from pink to black because that’s how I felt. I dumped my pearl white wedding dress into black paint, I had cute the long gown to make it look short. The veil had been painted black. I remember think that this was just a dream. I would wake up and be lying beside Finn. He would great me with his warming hugs. But I was wrong. I woke up to the funereal I had to attend. I remember walking into the church, one hand held the box of all my favourite things Finn owned and all the letters he had sent me when I had done my exchange programme to Australia. I walked into the same church we had gotten married however this time I was saying goodbye. I had put my veil on in the hope that it would hide my tears. The preacher told us to bow our heads and pray. The silent that I had felt was nothing like the silence of the past couple days. This silent was the silent of goodbye. It was the last silence that I would feel beside Finn before he would be rested to sleep under the ground. His beautiful body looked as if it was sleeping peacefully. They brought his casket to the graveyard he was going to be buried. His family and the preacher had left to give me a moment.

“Finn, I have told you this so many times before. I didn’t go a day not meaning it. When I said that I love you, I meant it. I will never stop loving you. At our wedding, I promised to love you till the day we died. Even if you have passed on, I will still love you. I won’t be able to love anyone else but you. Even if I do get remarried, I will make sure to tell my children about you and tell them about our love. My husband will understand that you were my first love and always will be. Knowing you, you would want me to get remarried but I think it will take some time before this happens. Why will it take time? Because you were my life, my everything and I don’t know how I will live knowing that I won’t wake up to your beautiful face. All our plans, they are vanished. Our little girl that we so much hoped to have won’t ever be coming to this world because you won’t be here to help me bring her to life. I wish that I was the one that had been in the accident because I know that you are stronger than me and you would have been able to live without me. Not because you didn’t love me but because you always had hope. I don’t have hope and I never will. All my life has been crumble in a mere week. Before I leave you forever, I want to let you know that I will go live with Jack because I know that he will take care of me. You always told me to go see Jack if I needed anything. Today is the day that I will listen to your advice. Jack and I need each other right now; we are living in the same situation. He is a wreck; he has come to your parent’s house each night, drunk. He is drinking his sorrows away. Compare to myself, I have to take sleeping pills to be able to sleep at night. Don’t worry Finn; Jack will take care of me. I will see you in the future. I love you Finn.” I placed the single black rose onto his casket before walking away to where Jack was waiting.

Now, I am standing at the end of the aisle where I married my love and where I said my last goodbyes to him. However, this time I am marrying the second best guy. I am marrying the guy that I know will take care of me for the rest of my life because we both went through the same issues. Finn will always be my love and my husband-to-be knows that.  I am marrying his twin brother.