Are We One Direction?

Harry’s POV

          It is a week later and we are headed to Perrie’s funeral. Zayn has been pretty beaten up the last few days. He was doing well until Perrie’s mom asked him to speak at the funeral. He has very mixed emotions about her right now. Perrie was great, sweet, nice, and sane until she found out Niall and I were gay. He still loves her with all his heart, but now he is more confused than ever. I think we should comfort him, but I honestly don’t know how.

            We arrive at a Church in West Shields and Zayn is a mess. In the limo he sat with his knees close to his chest eating a candy bar. Niall cuddled with me the whole way here just to make sure I was real. Now that made me feel great; sarcasm applied.

            We walk into the church to see a shrine in Perrie’s honor. Zayn looks very upset. I want to see Perrie’s parents. I wonder if Zayn will completely fall apart. He told me that he was going to wing it. Oh, never wing. Ever.

            Zayn was up for talking about Perrie. He looked at Liam who could only give him a comforting look. Zayn made his way up to the podium. He looked at me and gave me a ghost of a smile. I gave him a thumbs up. He sighs.

            “Perrie was the best girl I have ever met, until she did wrong to my best mates. I love her, but I am happy that they don’t have to be afraid anymore. I wish she wasn’t killed, but that pretty much goes without saying. I know that Little Mix will miss her and so will I. I love her and I will never forget her. She is in a great place with A....I mean God,” Zayn says as he looks up at me and gives me a smile.

            Zayn stepped down from the podium and made his way back to his seat. He didn’t know whether to cry or not. I grab his hand and I can feel its shaking. I can tell he wanted to stay strong, but that hurts too much.

            “Just cry,” I say not letting go of his hand.

            He leans against me and let’s silent tears fall down his face. I feel bad of him. I am not mad at Perrie; I just wish she was more accepting.

            After the funeral we did not go wish the best to Perrie’s parents. We knew that Zayn had to get out of there. We hopped in the limo and headed to the hotel.

            When we arrived they assigned rooms, Niall and Liam, Zayn and me, and Louis is all alone. I took Zayn straight up to the room not bothering to get our luggage. I opened the door and told Zayn to lie down for a bit. He gladly laid down and gave me a hug. He then told me to go talk to the others.

            I met up with Niall who looked almost as bad as Zayn. He didn’t want to speak to me. He ignored me and I felt hurt. What did I do? It’s about Taylor. I just know it. It always is.

            “Niall, are you mad at me; why won’t you talk to me?” I ask feeling more hurt by the second almost not wanting to know the answer.

            He doesn’t answer. He just looks at me briefly then turns back to looking at the pool. I feel worse than ever. I walk away and I don’t know what to do.

            I go to Louis’s room and knock on the door. I hope he’ll at least talk to me or even look at me. The door opens and Louis’s face pokes out. He looks at me then opens the door to let me in. I walk in slowly and sit on the end of the beds. Louis sat next to me and put his arm around me. He knew something was wrong.

            “What’s wrong?” he asks sweetly.

            “Niall won’t talk to me and I think it’s about Taylor. I think I’m going to lose him. Tomorrow I’m leaving to go to New York. I can’t lose him. I-I-“ I choke on the last word; letting the tear fall freely down my face.