Love and Blood

Niall’s POV

          My anger and concern rose; I didn’t know what to do. I went to Zayn’s room. Perrie was crying and Liam was more scared than ever. I wanted to talk to him. I pulled him out in the hallway and hugged him before speaking.

            “Li, are you okay?”

            “What if he ends up like me? Do you have any idea how long it took to have both of them work? It’ll take till his like 30. I don’t want that.”

            “I know you don’t, but what can you do?”

            “I don’t know. Ni, did you mean what you said back at the other hospital?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “About you being the least loved,” Liam says looking at me his light brown eyes full of concern and compassion.

            “Yeah, I did,” I say plainly.

            “Why do you believe that?”

            “I don’t know. I have insecurity issues.”

            “Don’t believe that. People love you.”

            “Have you seen the pictures online? I saw one that said 90% of girls wouldn’t care if I left the band. That only leaves 10% that love me or can stand me; that makes me said, Liam,” I say tears coming to my eyes.

            I run away. I don’t know if he’s following me, but I don’t care. I walk to the bathroom and I take off the bandage. I cut both arms and I felt better. I let them bleed for a while before tearing the bandage into two and putting them on my wrists. I pull down my sweatshirt over the bandages, so no one will be able to see them. I leave and before I could go back to Zayn’s room a nurse caught up to me.

            “Are you Niall?”

            “Yeah,” I say almost in the form of a question.

            “Harry woke up about five minutes ago and he has been asking for you.”

            I smile and then follow her to Harry’s room. I walk in to see him. He looks a little better. He has an oxygen mask on and he is smiling. I need to tell him about the cuts. I need him to help me stop because I know I will do it again.

            “Hey,” I say quietly.

            “Hi,” he says.

            “I have to tell you something.”

            “Don’t tell me about Eleanor, I know,” he says.

            “You do?”

            “Yeah, Louis told me I just had food poisoning, but it was a lot more than that.”

            “That wasn’t what I was going to tell you,” I say.

            “Then what is it?”

            “I cut again.”

            “What?”

            “I was so mad and Liam was talking to me, Eleanor, you almost dying on me, and Zayn on death’s doorstep. I couldn’t handle it all. I need you to help me stop. I don’t want to do this anymore, but I know I will. Help me.”

            “I will. No way am I going to let you go on like this. I care about you too much. I love you, Niall and I never thought I would say that.”

            “I love you too, Haz,” I say feeling tears.

            I stand up and hug him. I know that I need him and I hope he needs me. I want him to be okay and I want everything to work out, but I know that that will not happen.

            “I have to tell you something, too,” Haz says.

            I pull out and look into his fearful eyes. I could tell something serious was going on. I have never seen him look so scared.

            “What is it?”

            “Never mind,” he says quickly.

            “Haz, it’s hurting you.”

            “No, I-I-“ he says.

            I look at him tears are rolling down his cheeks. I could tell he couldn’t tell me right now and that was fine, but I was concerned. I didn’t want him to do something he would regret like I did. I don’t want him to start cutting or thinking about suicide or anything like that.

            “I know you can’t tell me yet, but I want you to promise me something. You will not let this get to you. No cutting, no suicidal thoughts, no hurting yourself; I won’t allow it. Tell me if it gets to the point you don’t want to live because I can’t live without you. I will help you. I can’t lose you. I love you and I care about you more than I ever thought I could. Please, promise me,” I say tears falling yet again.

            “I promise and I love you more than I ever thought was possible,” he says wiping away tears from his green eyes.

            I know that when Harry promises something he doesn’t break that promise. He is not good at hiding his emotions and he will never be a good liar. I guess that is a good thing right now because he can’t lie to me. I want him to be okay just like he wants me to be okay. I just hope that this will be fine. I look back at him.

            “Can I have that kiss now?”

            He nods. I smile. I lean in and kiss him. He gave into the kiss and I felt fireworks. I pulled out and pecked his lips one more time before pulling out completely.

            “I love you, Haz,” I say.

            “I love you too and never forget it,” he says a smile on his face and a gleam in his eyes that I haven’t seen in so long.