Pain and Progress

Harry's POV

Liam, Perrie, and I set off to see Louis the next morning. I worry about him, but I am still mad at him. I mean you can't just tell your friend that they mean nothing to you and expect them to be fine.

"Harry, are you okay," Liam asks concern in his voice.

"What do you mean?" I ask realizing how pale I looked.

"Do you need the bucket?" Perrie asks not waiting for an answer and passes the big bucket to me.

I am very sick, but I think I will be fine. I hear Perrie's phone vibrate. She didn't hear it so I picked it up and read the text Zayn sent her in pieces. Zayn loves her, but he's hurting in so many ways. He must feel used. He doesn't know what is happening. I read it.

Perrie, I love you, but until I figure out what has happened we need a break. Our first problem is always the hardest. I hope we can move past it. Say hi to everything for me. I hope you're okay. I will always love you. Zayn

I clicked on twitter on my phone then slid Perrie's phone back into her purse. I see Zayn had just tweeted. I read and I felt sick, it was gut retching.

I love you to bits, Perrie, but we need a break. My heart hurts and yours will too, but until I know I'll always be there for you this is goodbye.

I then saw we were pulling into the hospital drive way. I felt my stomach flip. Perrie looked at me with concern. I pulled the bucket close and tried not to throw up, but to no avail. I looked back up and Perrie was holding mints out to me. I grab them and give her a smile.

We walk into the hospital to see an emotion Niall. It hurt me to see him like this. He's usually always smiling and happy, but that Niall was not there today. I hug him tight. He pulls out and pushes my curls around. I smile solemnly.

"Harry, do you want to see him?" Niall asks trying to smile.

"Why did you lie?" I ask my voice hoarse.

"I'm sorry. I thought you never needed to know. I know it was stupid to think that you'd never find out. Don't be mad, Harry," Niall says his voice trembling.

"It's okay," I say ruffling Niall's already messy hair.

"No, it can't be," Niall says crying.

"Niall, what's wrong?" I say feeling sorry.

"I can't believe this is happening. My uncle died about 3 years ago from a car accident almost identical to Louis's. I can't lose him," Niall says.

"He won't die. I know Louis. He doesn't give up. He has so much hope and self-will. I promise, Niall. I'm sorry that your uncle died," I say pulling him into hug.

"Do you want to go see him?"

"I'd rather not."

"What happened? You and Louis are best friends and you don't want to see him. Harry, don't lie to me."

I looked at the floor remembering when Louis said that earlier this week. I don't want to think about him. He hurt me, but if he was going to die I need to see him.

"Harry, are you okay?" I hear Niall say.

"Yeah, um....earlier this week I overheard a conversation and it hurt. Louis was telling Eleanor that I didn't mean a thing to him that I was just some kid that he happened to put in a band with. It hurt. I thought he cared, but the truth is he was just toying with my emotions."

"Harry, I hate seeing you like this, but you are going to see Louis."

"I know."

We walked into the room where Louis was lying on the bed. I felt my heart break when I saw how sick he was. I think of our last conversation before this happened. He had talked to me in the bathroom and I was mad. I don't want that to be my last conversation with him.

"Niall, I can't do this," I say leaving.

I walk out the door. I hear Niall's footsteps behind me. I sit against the wall and I feel my stomach flop. I need to throw up. I walk quickly back into Louis's room. I throw up in the garbage. I feel awful. I stand up and turn around to see Louis moving his arm.

"Louis?"

I watch his arm move. I walk toward him and grab his hand. He squeezes it weakly. I feel my heart race.

"Niall," I yell.

Niall walks in. He walks over by me and he looks at me utterly confused. I wanted him to see so I let go of Louis's hand and it moves toward his frail body. I look at Niall who is crying. I hug him tightly. I hear him sob. I feel bad.

"He's going to wake up. He's going to be fine," I say to Niall.

He pulls out and looks at me. Tears still running down his cheeks; I look into his eyes. They are grayish today. He opens his mouth to speak, but he doesn't.

"Niall, is there something else going on?"

"No," he says shaking.

"You're lying to me,"

"Harry, I can't talk about it."

"Please, Ni," I say.

"No, I can't please," he says.

"You look like you're going to cry," I say pulling him into a hug.

"Stop, I can't do this," he says pulling himself from my grip.

He walks away. I wonder what's going on. I hope I didn't say anything. I felt my heart sink. I want him to be okay. Always