Drunken Thoughts

Liam’s POV

          Harry. One word that sends Niall into depression and Harry was not making it easy. He hadn’t wanted to hang out with us since the hospital. He deleted the tweet before anyone said anything, but I’m sure people saw it. The only person Harry talked to was Louis. Niall is out of the hospital, but the cutting hasn’t stopped. He has 20 cuts up and down his arms. No one can convince him to stop. It’s nearly Christmas and I am hoping Harry will turn around, but I doubt it. Zayn’s kidney is fine, but he is still very weak. We haven’t recorded our new single that we wanted too due to Zayn having to go back to Bradford. He called me crying one night and told his dad doesn’t want him in the band anymore. It took me two weeks to convince Mr. Malik to let Zayn stay in One Direction. I just wish things would get better.

            It is December 24; Lou’s birthday and Harry isn’t coming to the party. We all went to a small pub in Ireland. We decided to all go to Niall’s for the party. We all fly out at 7 to get to London before Christmas. Harry decided not to go to Ireland because he wasn’t feeling well, but we all knew the real reason. He didn’t want to see Niall.

            “What would you like?” a cute Irish waitress asked.

            “Four tinnies please,” Niall asks giving her a wink.

            “Thanks guys,” Louis exclaims.

            “I wish Harry was here,” I say.

            “I know. I haven’t talked to him in ages. I know he hates me. How did I let myself believe he loved me? He doesn’t even care about me,” Niall says getting up.

            “No, not on my birthday, Niall,” Louis says.

            Niall sits back down and you could tell he was upset. I shouldn’t have brought up Harry. Am I stupid? Don’t answer that.

            “Let’s just enjoy this,” Louis says.

            “Vas happening,” we hear a familiar Bradford accent say.

            “Zayn,” Niall exclaims.

            Zayn sat down next to Louis. It was so nice to see him. It’s been about a month since he went back to Bradford. Niall has missed him so much. Niall and Zayn got close back on the X Factor. The waitress came and gave us our drinks. I looked at Zayn who knew he wasn’t allowed to drink anymore.

            “Zayn, are you okay?”

            “Yeah,” he says quietly.

            “I know it’s hard, so I won’t drink,” I say setting down the glass.

            “Thanks,” he mutters.

            We sat there for hours and Niall got way to drunk. Louis did too. It was nice to forget everything for a while. Zayn tried to have a good time, but you could tell that he wasn’t happy. The doctors said that Zayn’s remaining kidney might fail if he drinks too much. I knew what that was like. My 18th birthday was fun; soda party.

            “We need to catch our plane,” I say grabbing a drunk, Louis.

            “Bye,” Niall and Zayn say.

            I head out of the pub with Louis. Oh, you are going to have a great hangover tomorrow. I get him in the cab. I tell them we are going to the airport and they start driving. Louis’s phone rang and he gave it to me. It was Harry.