Aftermath

Harry’s POV
          I knock on the door of Niall’s house. I want to see Niall, but more importantly at the moment I need to apologize to Zayn. The door opens; Niall looks at me his eyes red and puffy. I give him a comforting look.
            “What are you doing here?”
            “I heard about Perrie and I needed to come home.”
            “Is Taylor okay with this?”
            “Yeah,” I say and that isn’t a lie.
            He opens the door and ushers me in. I see Zayn in a ball sleeping on the couch. I feel worse. I feel tears and I look at the ground. I need to apologize. It is eating me alive.
            “Are you okay?” Niall asks.
            I shake my head. Niall hugs me. I let the tears fall. I was an ass. I hurt Zayn, Niall, and Louis. I didn’t deserve them. All I have done in the last few months is ignore them or hate on them; why can’t I just be there mates like I want to.
            “What happened?” Niall says quietly.
            “I texted Zayn saying that he is an asshole and that he isn’t good at anything. Nobody remembers him and that he doesn’t deserve Perrie. Then I called him a homophobe and told him to go screw himself,” I say crying.
            “Why?”
            “I was drunk and it was before I came here back about a month ago. I felt like crap the next day. I feel so bad. I broke him just like I broke you. Why can’t I stop hurting people?”
            “It’s okay, Harry. I’m not mad at you and Zayn isn’t either. Liam told me why you’re here and that Louis would be with you. Where is Louis?”
            “He stayed in London. He needed to be with Eleanor right now. He was not what I would call a wreck, but I think it’s best for him right now. He told me he would be here soon. Why isn’t Liam coming?”
            “I don’t know. He didn’t really give me a reason.”
            “I’m so sorry. I love you and I wish I could stay,” I say tears still streaming down my face.
            “I love you too and I forgive you. I wish you could stay too, but we can’t be revealed until we talk to management. I know that sounds really mean, but it’s true. I don’t want you to get fired because of something I started,” Niall says then a single tear falls from his perfect blue-gray eyes.
            “It doesn’t. I understand. I don’t care if I get fired as long as I know that you don’t hate me. I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone other than my family. I don’t want to lose you,” I say.
            He gives me a hug. I want to kiss him so bad. I haven’t shared a kiss with him in so long. I actually haven’t kissed him in three months. He pulls out of the hug our noses nearly touching and he leans in. His lips brush mine then he pulls out. He looks up at me to make sure I want to do this. I pull him back in and kiss his lips. He kisses back. It was amazing. I felt so empty when I kiss Taylor, but this kiss was full of life and emotion. I pull out and look at him. He has tears about to fall from his eyes. I smile at him and peck his lips one more time.
            “Thanks,” he says almost whispering.
            I smile. I look at Zayn who moves. He’s awake. Now is my chance to say I’m sorry or do something. I am dying knowing that he is upset because of something I did. Well, not the Perrie thing, but just about everything else was all me. I sit next to him. He looks up at me.
            “Zayn, I feel awful about what I did. I want you to know that you aren’t any of those things. I was drunk, but even that isn’t an excuse. I’m sorry about that and about Perrie. I know how much you loved her. You know neither of us wanted her dead,” I say then sigh to keep the tears from falling from my eyes.
            “It’s okay. I know you didn’t want her to be killed. I know you wanted her to get hurt. I don’t blame you. I don’t want either of you to blame yourselves. I know you’re sorry, Harry. Is that another reason you didn’t want to come to Louis’s party?” Zayn asks and I shocked.
            “How did you figure that out?” I say still in utter shock.
            “I’m not stupid, Harry. I figured it out when Louis told us about the message you left on his voicemail. I didn’t sound like you. You sounded sober and scared. It wasn’t the cheeky Harry that all of us remember. I knew something was up. I put it all together when Louis spilled a bit of information when he was super drunk,” Zayn says.
            “I don’t even remember sending it until you sent me a text the next day. I sat there wondering what I was thinking,” I say.
            “Harry could you just shut up. I’m feeling good for the first time in a while so don’t make me feel bad. I know that Perrie just died, but I am staying strong,” Zayn says solemnly.
            “You can’t hold back all of your emotions. I know that that sucks. You need to let it all out. Please, Zayn, I need to know you’re okay. I care about you and so does Harry. Please don’t keep anything from us,” Niall says.
            Zayn nods and starts to cry. I have never seen Zayn like this. He is very reserved when it came to emotions. It hurt to see him like this. He is always the rock like Liam. When you see either of them cry you can’t help but cry too. I feel tears and sit next to Zayn. He hugs me around my waist. He was devastated and there was nothing I could do about that.
            Louis’s POV
          I knock on the familiar door, but it feels so strange. The door opens and I see Eleanor who doesn’t know yet. She sees the tears in my eyes and gives me a hug. She opens the door wide enough for me to squeeze past her. I sit on her bed on the left side of her dorm room.
            “What’s wrong?”
            “I just……Perrie’s dead,” I say just wanting to say it.
            “What?”
            “She got killed by a drunk driver and Niall thinks it’s his fault. Zayn is a mess and I needed to see you. I don’t know how you can help me, but I need you,” I say crying.
            “It’s okay.”
            “How are you not upset?”
            “I don’t know her. I met her once and she didn’t even talk to me. I feel bad for Zayn, but I don’t know him that well either. I feel bad for you and for Harry because you two are the only ones I really know,” she explains and I feel stupid.
            “I completely forgot you never really got to know Perrie. I’m so stupid. I just don’t know how to make Zayn feel better. He only has use of one kidney, he’s suicidal, he might get fired, his girlfriend died, and Harry broke his self-confidence. Could he’s life get any worse?”
            “You need to stay strong for him, though. If he sees how broken up you are, he might get worse. I don’t know how you can comfort him at this point, but I’m sure Liam knows what to do. Where is Liam? I thought he was with you.”
            “He didn’t want to come in. I don’t know why.”
            “I’ll go get him,” she says getting up and leaving.
            I sit in her dorm room wondering how Zayn is doing. I don’t know how Harry is. He was very down and full of sorrow when we left the Virgin Islands. I worry about him and Niall’s relationship. I don’t know if Taylor will tell anyone. I hope that they can work something out. The door opens and Eleanor comes in with Liam. She smiles at me.
            “How are you, Liam?” she asks.
            “I’m fine, why?”
            “How are you fine?” I yell.
            “Louis,” Eleanor snaps.
            “How are you fine? Perrie is dead, Niall is a mess, Zayn….I don’t even want to know how he is, Harry is the best out of everyone, and you’re fine. How is that possible? You don’t have a soul,” I yell then feel awful.
            “Lou, I’m staying strong because I know that now Haz and Ni have more freedom. They don’t have to worry about Perrie anymore. I don’t think of the negatives and I know that everything happens for a reason. God did this for whatever reason and that is that. I don’t know what the reason was, but I know that God has a plan,” Liam says sounding saintly.
            “Why would God want Zayn to suffer?” I scream.
            “I don’t know, but it’ll make Zayn stronger in the end. You need to calm down. There is something else bothering you. I can tell,” Liam says eyeing me.
            “Liam, how can you tell?” Eleanor asks.
            “He isn’t like this normally. It’s about Haz isn’t it?” Liam says.
            “Yeah,” I say quietly feeling tears.
            “What’s wrong with Harry?” Eleanor asks.
            “What happened when you talked to him in the Virgin Islands?”
            “When I talked to him, he didn’t ask me how I was doing. He doesn’t care about me and it’s all because I made Eleanor poison him. He doesn’t trust me anymore. I wouldn’t either, but it’s hurt knowing that he hates me,” I say as a single tear falls from my eyes.
            “Lou, he doesn’t hate you,” Liam says.
            “How do you know?” I ask tears now falling down my cheeks.
            “I know. I talked to him. I could tell you still thought that and I asked him. He didn’t realize that. Different things were on his mind at the time; you have to understand that. He didn’t know whether you hated him. Harry doesn’t know which way to turn right now. He doesn’t hate you, but there is something more going on?”
            “I’m bipolar. I found out right before we went to the Virgin Islands. I didn’t want to worry you. They don’t think I’ll get the hallucinations and the suicidal thoughts, but they think that I will be very down then very happy. I can get mad easily. I have to take medicine. I don’t want Simon to find out,” I say.
            “We joked around about that, but I never thought it would be true. I’ll help you, Lou. Call me if you need me,” Liam says.
            “Liam, you are the most supportive human being I have ever met. You care about all of us no matter how much crap we load on you. I don’t know how you do it,” I say.
            “That is what I’m here for,” he says giving me a smile.
            “We should probably go to Ireland,” I say somberly.
            “Yeah,” he says.
            He hugs Eleanor. I stand up and give her a kiss. She gives me a hug and tells me to be strong. Liam gives me a comforting look and I know I’ll be fine. How does Liam always make you feel better? I mean, come on.