Time to Say Goodbye

Zayn’s POV

            I want to see Niall before I go into testing, but I can’t. Perrie won’t let me. Apparently my mom called her and told her that I couldn’t see or talk to the boys. Why does my mom hate me? I need to see Niall. I don’t care what Perrie says I am seeing Niall.

            I walk into his room when Perrie fell asleep. I felt bad and it was the least I could do. I walk in and see Niall. He looked up at me almost surprised to see me.

            “Zayn, what are you doing here?” he asked his accent thicker than usual.

            “I’m so sorry. I never wanted you to cut. I was an ass. I admit it and I don’t want to go into testing knowing that I hurt you. I can’t go in with a bad mindset.”

            “Thanks and good luck.”

            “Yeah, I hope everything is okay.”

            “You how messed up Liam is right now.”

            “I don’t want to know. I refused to tell Perrie why Liam was so upset because she would move him to tears.”

            “You should go,” he says.

            I give him a hug and leave. I walk back into the room to see Perrie still asleep.  I would have laughed woke up and was standing like my mom.

            “Perrie, I have to say goodbye now,” I say shaking her awake.

            “I’ll miss you and I love you,” she says tears in her beautiful eyes.

            “I love you, too and don’t worry,” I say putting on a fake smile.

            “I can tell you’re nervous.”

            “I want everything to be okay, but the truth is I don’t know if everything is,” I say tears now in my eyes.

            “I’ll be here when you come out,” she says putting emphasis on the when.

            “I love you.”

            “I love you more,” she says giving me a hug.

            “I doubt it,” I say and she giggles.

            “You’re adorable.”

            “I’ll miss you.”

            “I’ll miss you, too,” I say giving her a kiss.

            She leaves with tears in her eyes. I love her and I will come out. I have to stay strong for her and for Liam. Liam comes in and he is shaking. I could tell he was more scared than all of us combined.

            “Liam, come here,” I say.

            He sits next to me and he looks as though he was going to be sick. I have never seen him like this. I hated it. I looked at him and I could tell he was about cry.

            “Let it out,” I say giving him a hug.

            He started to cry. I rubbed his back. I wanted him to believe everything was going to be okay. I didn’t want to think how Liam would be if I need the kidney from my dad. I pull out and put my hands on his shoulders.

            “Everything is going fine, I promise.”

            “I hope so,” he says muffled through his tears.

            He left and Harry came in. I felt awful. I don’t know why he would want to see me. He sat on the bed tears in his eyes. Why are they crying for me?

            “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said any of that. I was just overwhelmed. I just found out that my kidneys were failing. I had too much going through my head and I hate myself for it. Please, don’t hate me. I can’t even think-“

            “Zayn, Zayn, Zayn, I’m not mad,” Harry says interrupting me.

            “Are you sure?” I say tears in my eyes.

            He gives me a hug and I can tell he forgives me. I love my friends. I can’t believe they can forgive me and care about me even though I don’t deserve it.

            Niall’s POV

          Perrie, Harry, and Liam came into my room after Zayn was wheeled into the testing rooms. I can’t forget the conversation we had before. I can’t believe how bad Zayn felt. I could tell Liam was more nervous than anyone. He was shaking and crying. He was sitting in the corner not talking to anyone. I feel bad for him. This must be torture. Harry sat with me on the bed his head on my shoulder. He was crying softly as well. Perrie was holding up the best. She was the kind of girl that never gave up hope.

            “Harry, are you crying?” Perrie asks.

            “I can’t stop thinking about that fight we had at the end of last week. It was right before I found him in the bathroom passed out. I feel like it’s my fault. Did he take something?”

            “Yeah, he did, but that isn’t the reason he had appendicitis. You saved his life by arguing with him that night. It probably would have ruptured and he might have started dying.”

            “He’s dying now because of the drugs isn’t he?”

            “Yeah,” Perrie says.

            Harry looks at me with tears now streaming down his face. Perrie gives him a hug. I felt bad for Harry. I knew that he felt responsible. When Perrie let go he snuggled up with me and I kissed his forehead.

            “It’s okay. I promise,” I say not believing it myself.

            He sat there crying for a while and it broke my heart. I don’t want him to be upset. I want him to be his cheeky self, but that Harry seemed so far away.