Little Things

Niall’s POV

          I woke up in a hospital bed. I don’t remember what happened, but then I realize my wrists are wrapped. Oh, I cut. I look to the side. No one’s here; I wonder where Harry is.

            “Hey,” I hear someone say.

            I look up and see Danielle. I wonder why she’s here. They broke up about two months ago. Liam does not need to know she’s here.

            “Why are you here?”

            “I heard about the cutting,” she says sitting next to me.

            “You talked to Liam.”

            “No, Harry,” she said grabbing my hand.

            “Harry, called you here,” I say shocked.

            “He is really worried about you.”

            “I would hope so,” I say.

            “Why did you start cutting?”

            “It was back at Louis’s hospital at the beginning of the week and Harry was mad at me. I couldn’t handle everything so I went to the bathroom and pulled out a nail file. I pushed it against my skin and Harry walked in. This time I cut because um can you promise me you won’t tell Eleanor?”

            “I promise,” she says giving me a concerned look.

            “Harry and I are together and we told Zayn. He freaked out and told us to go back into the closet. I couldn’t handle it,” I say feeling tears.

            “I’m sorry about Zayn. I want to talk to him. I’m happy for you and Harry. I think you’re a cute couple.”

            “Thanks, Danielle,” I say.

            She gives me a smile and gets up to leave, but then I realize Liam is in Zayn’s room. I don’t know if they want to see each other.

            “Liam’s in there,” I say not thinking.

            “It’s fine; we made peace,” she says calmly.

            I feel the tears coming back. She kissed me softly on the forehead and walked out. I wanted to know where Harry was. I needed him.

            Danielle’s POV

          I feel bad for Niall. You can see how much he’s hurting. He is such a great guy and I don’t understand why Zayn had to do that. I put my hand on the door handle and I feel nervous. I don’t know how Liam is going to feel having me here. I sigh and open the door. I walk in and close it behind me. Harry runs up and hugs me.

            “Hi,” I say shyly.

            I look at Liam who looked frozen. I knew he was uncomfortable. I thought we were all okay, but it is still a little early. I don’t know how I’m going to do this.

            “What are you doing here?” Liam asks looking at the floor.

            “Harry, called me,” I say.

            “Why?” Zayn said.

            “Because of you,” I say bitterly.