Eye Opener

Niall’s POV

          I walk out of the room. I need to talk to someone. I don’t know if I want to tell Perrie she might tell Eleanor who cannot keep a secret. I know who.

            “Liam, I need to talk to you, now,” I say grabbing his arm.

            I drag him into an empty room. He looks at me concerned. He looked tired. I want someone to know, but I almost don’t want to say it. I look up at him and run my hand through my hair.

            “Something’s bothering you, mate. You’re never this tense,” Liam says putting away his phone.

            “Liam, I don’t know how to say this, so I’ll just say it. I think I like Harry,” I say taking a huge sigh of relief.

            “Of course; you’re his friend,” Liam says.

            “No, I mean I think like him that way,” I say barely putting the words together.

            “What?” Liam exclaims.

            “I don’t know. I just felt something. I’m scared, Liam. He will never like me back. I just…..help me,” I beg about to cry.

            He hugs me. I feel a tear fall down my cheek. He pulls me out and looks into my blue eyes. He was scared too.

            “I don’t know how to help you,” Liam says.

            “I’m already the least loved person in the band, but now I will be hated. What if I go into depression? What am I going to do?” I say crying.

            “Stop, Niall. You know that isn’t true. I knew you felt this way. I wanted to deny it, but it’s true. Please, don’t say that ever again,” he says almost angry.

            “Liam, stop acting like it isn’t true,” I yell.

            “Niall, don’t put yourself down. Man, this is bugging you. If you don’t tell him I will. Now go,” Liam says.

            “I have to tell him,” I say scared.

            “Niall, this is eating you alive,” he says putting his hand on my shoulder.

            “Can I get food first?”

            “Of course,” he says pushing me out the door.

            About one hour later I went into Louis’s room to see Harry sitting by the bed. I felt my heart race. I was so nervous.

            “Harry, can I talk to you?”

            He turns towards me and sees the tears in my eyes. He walks up and pulls me into a hug. It makes me want to cry 10 times harder. He pulls me out and looks at me his green eyes full of concern and compassion.

            “Tell me,” he says.

            “I think I like you,” I say slowly and looking at the ground.

            I look up at Harry. He looked at me with utter shock. I knew he would never like me back. Why Liam? I hate that he made me tell the truth. I looked down at the floor tears stinging my eyes. I run into the hallway grabbing Liam and headed to the bathroom.

            “He hates me, now,” I say tears streaming down my pale face.

            “You don’t know that,” Liam says hugging me.

            I sob. I don’t care what Liam says Harry will never look at me the same. I hate that this turned out this way. Liam pulls out and leaves. I pull a nail file out of my pocket and put it against my skin. I couldn’t do it. I sighed and told myself I needed to. I pushed it hard against my wrist. I hurt, but it also felt good. I switch arms, but look into the mirror to see Harry standing by the door. I turn toward him. He looked scared.

            “Niall,” he says tears in his green eyes.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “Don’t do this to yourself,” he says wiping away the tears.

            “Why do you care?” I yell voice breaking.

            “Niall, I don’t know how I feel about what just happened, but I know that I want you as a friend no matter what. Don’t do this again, you’re perfect,” Harry says.

            I look down at the cut. It felt good, but so did what Harry said. He didn’t hate me. He walked out of the bathroom and returned with a bandage. He wrapped it carefully. He helped me through it.

            “Come on,” he says grabbing my hand.

            We make our way back to where Perrie and Liam are sitting. Harry drops my hand as we pass them. I hope they wouldn’t notice, but they did.

            “Why is wrist wrapped?” Liam asks.

            “Do you want to tell them?” Harry whispers.

            “I cut myself out of anger and sorrow, but I promise I will never do it again,” I say finding strength in Harry.

            He dragged me along before Liam could say anything else. We walked into the hospital room to see the nurse taking Louis off of life support. I feel tears and Harry’s warm embrace. The nurse told us right before she left that he could wake up any minute.

            About twenty minutes later Louis woke up. He looked at Harry with wide eyes. Harry was there, but I could tell Harry was upset. He didn’t want to yell because it was still too early. I did my best to hide my wrist, but of course to no avail.

            “Niall, what happened?” Louis asks voice raspy.

            “I just……I cut once,” I say trying to conceal the emotion I felt.

            Harry could tell that I was upset so he put his arm around me. I felt even worse. I want to be friends, but how long will that work. I want everything to be fine, but will it?