Hoping for a Better Tomorrow

Liam’s POV

          I called her a couple of minutes later. She told everything. I didn’t want her to be like this. I knew Niall cut and maybe that is why Harry is so discombobulated about it. I can’t believe that in this situation it is ending her life and in Niall’s situation it ended in a friend to love. I wish that someone would notice.

            “Are you okay?” I hear Perrie’s voice say.

            I turn toward her and try to give her a smile, but the tears refused to go away. She looked at me with an apologetic look and gave me a hug.

            “I want to be,” I say.

            “Liam, why are you a mess?”

            I chuckle. She pulls out and I could tell she was serious. She didn’t know about my kidney problems. Oh, wow.

            “I was born with only one working kidney. It was torture growing up. I used to have 32 injections in the morning to keep me alive and now that I see Zayn in a similar situation. It kills me and I just found out my sister is cutting. Everything is just so much that I don’t know which way is right and which way is wrong.”

            “I’m sorry, Liam,” she says giving me another hug.

            “I’ll be okay. It feel weird being the one that needs comforting because usually I am the one giving advice or comforting one, but for once I am the mess. I feel like my worst fears have all came true.”

            “You’re still One Direction,” Perrie says sweetly.

            “Not without Zayn,” I say coldly.

            She looks at me. Oh, I’m stupid. Tears came to her beautiful eyes; I didn’t mean it like that. Why did I do that? Man, I am a mess. I hug her.

            “I shouldn’t have said that. I just…..I’m sorry. I don’t know what is wrong with me today,” I explain feeling worse and worse after every word.

            “It’s okay. I feel the same way. What are you going to do if Zayn dies?”

            “Zayn isn’t going to die. His father is going to give him one of his kidneys if his remaining one isn’t working properly.”

            “His dad doesn’t believe in that,” Perrie says.

            “He agreed to do it. He knows how much he means to us, you, and to little girls all over the world,” I say and she laughs.

            “You are good at making people feel better,” she says and gives me a hug.

            “Go, talk to Zayn,” I say.

            “Thanks, Liam,” she says then walks away.

            Niall’s POV

          Harry looked at me and I could tell he was upset. I really wanted to tell him that everything was going to be okay, but the truth is I couldn’t because I didn’t know.

            “Haz, can I talk to you?” I ask almost feeling nervous.

            “Sure,” he says walking toward me.

            I drag him out of the room and lean against the wall. He looked tense as though he was still sick. I put my hand on his shoulder to feel if he was still shaking. He wasn’t. I sighed.