Unexpected Visitors

After my shower I put on some fuzzy pajama pants and a tank top before sitting at my window seat with the book I'm currently reading. I put in my earbuds and begin reading. After a couple minutes I think there's a thump at my window. At first I think I'm hearing something so I take out one earbud to double check. After a moment another thump. A familiar one. I push open the curtains and open the window to see Ryder, Val and Tyler smiling at me.

"Hey Alexis." Tyler says.

"Hola chica." Val nods to me.

"Hey." Ryder mumbles.

"Do you need something Ryder?" I ask him.

"Hey! They're the ones that wanted to say hi, I merely got your attention the best way I know how."

"You've got to get a better tactic." I smirk rolling my eyes.

"Maybe if I had your number I could just text you when I wanted you to come to the window." He shrugs.

"Is that your oh so subtle way of asking for my number?" I ask cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes." Val answers for him.

"A for effort." I say.

"So you aren't going to give it to me?" Ryder asks.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow if you remind me." I say.

"Why tomorrow?" Val asks.

"Well I need his phone to give him my number." I say.

"Here. Catch." Ryder says grabbing his phone from somewhere in the room. He taps on the screen and tosses it across the gap. I gasp and reach to catch it. Luckily I grasp the phone.

"Are you insane?!" I ask him.

"Well you caught it." He shrugs.

"And what if I hadn't? Or you didn't throw it far enough and it fell to the ground? We're at least fifteen feet up, that may be grass but the ground is still hard." I tell him.

"Well like I said, you caught it. If everyone worried about the hypotheticals that didn't take place everyone would be concerned with some alternate reality rather than the one their living." He says.

"That was still stupid." I say.

"Just put in your number and toss the phone back over here." He says. I roll my eyes but put in my number and save it as simply Alexis.

"You plan on throwing it back over here princesa or not?" Val asks. Instead of answering him I toss the phone over the gap and while Val and Ryder fumble Tyler reaches out and grabs it.

"Well I guess I know who has the fastest reflexes amongst the group." I say.

"I wasn't ready!" Val and Ryder defend themselves at the same time.

"Well Val did ask if I would throw it. I think that should've been enough to prep you for me to do so." I say.

"I disagree with you." Ryder says.

"Well you're wrong." I say in the same sassy tone Ryder used.

"How are you going to tell me I'm wrong?"

"Yeah that's an opinionated statement." Val jumps in.

"However I agree with her opinion." Tyler pipes up.

"See? You're both wrong." I say.

"How so? It's two versus two." Ryder says.

"Because Tyler and I are more intelligent." I say.