Worst. Christmas. Ever!*

Christmas eve has always been one of the best days of the winter break for me except this year. Mom and dad have been arguing all day since morning they stopped a couple times but it seemed like anytime they ended up in the same room they were screaming at each other. Max and I have locked ourselves in his room and are currently smashing zombies.

"KIDS COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Mom yells. Max and I exchange a look before pausing the video game and slowly going downstairs.

"Yes mom?" We say together.

"We need to have a talk. All of us." She says. Max and I sit at the kitchen table followed by our parents.

"What's going on?" Max asks.

"You know we love you both right?" Mom says.

"Yeah." We nod slowly.

"We love you both deeply but your mom and I, we don't see eye to eye on things anymore, we-"

"Your father and I are getting a divorce." Mom blurts out cutting off whatever sweet way my father was going to say it.

"You're what!?!" I scream standing up.

"Alexis sit down." My dad says sternly.

"No." I cross my arms.

"Alexis-" He says in warning.

"I'm not sitting down. What the fuck is going on with you too?"

"Watch your mouth young lady." He scolds me.

"Max and I deserve some answers don't we father?"

"We're just better apart." He says.

"So who will I live with?"

"Me." They both say.

"She needs her mother." My mom says.

"What she needs is discipline." My dad says.

"I can raise her just fine!" My mom yells.

"I can't stand this anymore!" I scream. They all look at me.

"Lexi-" Max says.

"Every fucking day since you left all they do is argue! I can't stand it anymore. I've sat back quietly and stayed out of the way but I can't keep doing this! I don't want to listen to them throw insults back and forth arguing about any and everything!"

"You're right, you shouldn't have to." My dad says.

"You'll be moving in with your Aunt Melissa by the end of the break." My mom says.

"Wait, Aunt Mel lives in California." I say.

"We know."

"But my life is here, in Maryland."

"I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm leaving next week and your father and I can't agree on who you'll live with. If we don't come to an agreement... She's the next best option." My mom says.

"Fine, I'll go live with Aunt Mel. When do I leave?"

"Well we've got to book the flight first but it will probably be on Monday." She says. It's Thursday which gives me three days to pack and say my goodbyes.

"Alright." I say getting up and going to my room. I call Andrew.

"Sup biatch." He says.

"My life is a mess." I say dramatically.

"I thought Max was back?" Max is practically the answer to everything. He can fix anything, except this.

"He is but that didn't stop my parents from deciding to get a divorce which is probably for the best but they're shipping me off to California to live with my aunt Melissa!"