Mover Boy, Mikey And Me.*

I continue working on the drawing I started yesterday and at about five to one I go downstairs.

"Mel, remember those guys I told you about, Brandon and Michael?"

"Vaguely yeah, what about them?"

"They invited me to go shopping with them and they'll be here in a few minutes, may I go?"

"I suppose you can, but I need to speak to them first." She says.

"Thanks Mel!" I say hugging her.

"Don't thank me yet. If they come off as even remotely suspicious I am not letting you go." She says.

"Fine I won't thank you." I say.

"I di-" She's cut off by the doorbell.

"Oh I think they're here." I say going to get the door. I swing it open.

"Oh come on mover boy isn't that bad." Michael says.

"Yes it is, you don't even get it!" Brandon argues back.

"I thought you were done complaining Brandon." I say interrupting.

"Hey Lexi." Michael says.

"Hi guys, before we go my aunt wants to talk to you." I say.

"Alright with us." Michael shrugs.

"Mel! Come and talk to them already so we can go!" I call slipping on my sneakers.

"Coming!" She calls coming to the door.

"Mel, this is Brandon and Michael, guys this is my aunt Melissa." I introduce.

"Hello Ms. Carter." Brandon says.

"Oh no my last name isn't Carter, it's Mathews, but please just call me Melissa."

"My apologies." He says.

"Hello Melissa." Michael says shaking her hand.

"You guys better take good care of my niece, if anything happens to her I'll hunt you both down, knock you out and make sure you don't wake up with all your body parts attached to you."

"Mel!" I say.

"We'll take care of her I promise." Brandon says.

"Yeah, we wouldn't dare let her get hurt." Michael adds.

"Lex do you trust them?"

"Enough to go shopping with them for a few hours yes." I say.

"Fine, be home by six, remember we have the-" Mel says.

"Alright, six." I nod cutting her off before she can remind me of the dinner I'm totally dreading.

"Have fun!" She calls as we walk to Michael's car. Brandon opens the passenger door and I slide into the car.

"Aw thank you! You are such a gentleman!" I say.

"I was opening the door for myself." He grumbles.

"Well I sat here anyway." I smile at him. He rolls his eyes and slides into the back seat. The car ride to the mall is fairly short but Michael and I spend the entire ride singing to the radio anyway, Brandon occasionally joining us during songs he liked. When we get to the mall the first store the boys decide on is a store called Versus Versace.

"How've you been?" Brandon asks as we look around.

"Oh you know pretty normal except I got detention yesterday, oh and I had to steal my journal from Ryder, my neighbor." I shrug saying it in a total casual way.