What A Bitch*

Waking up this morning something just felt, off. For starters my alarm wasn't what has just woken me up. It's a text from Adrian saying he can't pick me up today which is odd because he'd done it everyday since we were in middle school, although then we would walk to the bus stop. After getting ready I go downstairs for breakfast where my mom and dad are arguing in the kitchen as has become common practice for them. Instead of trying to get their attention I grab  my keys and drive to school. When I get to  school the first thing that sticks out to me is Marcy and Jason who are running towards me.

"OMG are you okay? I heard what happened! Gosh she is such a slut and to think we used to be friends!" Marcy rushes out hugging me tight.

"Jase what is she on about?" I ask looking up at Jason while simultaneously detangling Marcy from me as we walk towards my locker.

"Um, Marcy, I don't think she knows..." He trails.

"Know what?" I ask. They exchange a look. Before either of them can speak I see Adrian.

"ADRIAN!" I call. His head snaps towards me and he looks a mix between angry and scared as he walks over to me.

"I am so sorry. You weren't supposed to find out like this." He says.

"You got a lot of nerve you bastard how dare you come over here after what-" Marcy starts screaming at him attracting a crowd.

"Mar shut up." Jase hisses at her covering her mouth.

"What is going on?" I ask Adrian.

"This." He says handing me a paper. Printed on it in big bubble letters is #GADRIAN. A picture of Adrian and Gabrielle kissing sits prominently under it along with some words.

"What is this?" I ask.

"You haven't seen it yet?" He asks. I scan the words quickly blinking back the tears blurring my vision as they threaten to fall.

"Is this your fucked up way of breaking up with me?" I ask suddenly angry. Yes anger is good. Anger is better than tears.

"Well no. I was going to do it eventually. But this wasn't how you were supposed to find out."

"Find out what exactly?" I ask.

"You read it." He says.

"Say it. Go on. Tell me. Right now Adrian. Stop being a coward and say the words."

"I've been cheating on you. I didn't mean for it to happen but it did and when it did I couldn't stop doing it. I thought I was in love with you but... but I guess I wasn't. Or uh I was and Gabrielle just-" He stops mid-sentence as Gabrielle walks by, she grabs him and kisses him long and hard. By now people are gathering in the hall, watching this play out. Gabrielle smirks at me.

"Do you enjoy having things that I had first?" I ask. Her smirk disappears.

"See you think that but he was never yours to begin with." Gabrielle sneers.

"He chose me first Gabrielle, no matter how you look at it." I point out. She glares at me.

"Look you little-" Marcy starts.

"Marcy don't. Not now." Jason says to her.

"Here's a little tip for the future. Next time you decide to screw over some poor innocent girl how about you grow a fucking pair and tell them yourself rather than let your bitchy little homewrecker do your dirty work." Marcy sneers at Adrian.

"I'll be seeing you around Alexis." Gabrielle says walking off with Adrian. A second later my anger dissipates and tears well up in my eyes.

"Not here you don't." Jason says before he and Marcy lead me out to my car.