Birthday

Mollie's P.O.V.

It's been about a month since I started working here. Everything is going great. My birthday was Monday (currently Wednesday) and everyone pitched in money and bought me a Stradivarius trumpet.

Ring

Ring

Ring

My phone starts ringing in the middle of band practice. There is no caller ID, just some numbers.

"Hello?" I ask annoyed.

"Mollie?! We thought you were dead!" Sams voice shouts on the other line.

"Damn it." I say. All the kids exchange looks.

"How long have you been alive?!" Dean asks, taking the phone from my uncle.

"I was never dead. You don't seem to remember, I'm... Different." I eyed the children. "Those don't kill me. It takes more than funky town to kill me."

"Oh. Ok." The line was hung up and I started to leave.

Dean's P.O.V.

"Why'd you hang up?!" Sam shouts at me.

"She's in a room with more than two people."

"How do you know?"

"Man, Sam, you should really listen more. Funky town." I said.

Mollie's P.O.V.

I've been driving to where Sam and Dean were for about two hours, luckily they were only two hours away.

I pulled up beside the impala and stepped out. I eyed the room closest to the fire exit and could see clear grains of salt outside of it.

"Why did you call my phone if you thought I was dead." I said as I walked through the door.

"We wanted to hear your voice. Your birthday was Monday so we wanted to wish you a happy birthday even if you were dead. But we were late so we called you today." Sam said, wrapping his strong arms around me.

"How did you know my birthday? I told no one." I say.

"I, uh, informed them." Cas spoke up, clearly nervous.

"Duuuuuuuuude I thought we had a deal. I don't tell them your age, you don't tell them my birthday." I whined.

"Sorry Mollie." He says.

"Oh it's ok. Gimme a hug you big loser bear." I said wrapping my arms around his waist. Cas rested his chin on my head as we hugged.

"I missed you Cassie!" I say, hugging him tighter.

"I missed you too Mollie." He says, kissing my forehead.

"Ok ok lovey dovey stuff over." Dean says.

"Oh shut up." I say. I bury my head into cas' trench and take a deep breath.

"We got you something." Sam says as I turn around. I see a new trumpet, with my name engraved on it.

"Oh my god it's beautiful! But how did you even know if be coming back?"

"Well we didn't. Cas whipped it up right before you got here."

---

Later that night we had decided to separate rooms again by sleepers and non sleepers. Since Cas and I don't sleep we got the room with one bed seeing as it would only be me sleeping.

"Damn it's cold. Cas is there any other blankets?" I ask curling into a ball.

"No." He says. He takes off his trench coat and throws it over me. When I'm still shivering he climbs under the covers and wraps his arms around me.

"I know you're only in bed because you like sleep so might as well make it as comfortable as possible. That includes warmth." He says.

"Thanks." I say. He was really warm and He washed his shirt yesterday so it smelled great.

"Hello my old heart
How have you been
Are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

Oh, don't leave me here alone
Don't tell me that we've grown
For having loved a little while
Oh, I don't want to be alone
I want to find a home
And I want to share it with you

Hello my old heart
It's been so long
Since I've given you away
And every day I add another stone
To the walls I built around you
To keep you safe

Hello my old heart
How have you been?
How is it, being locked away?
Well don't you worry
In there, you're safe
And it's true, you'll never beat
But you'll never break

Nothing lasts forever
Some things aren't meant to be
But you'll never find the answer
Until you set your old heart free

Until you set your old heart free" I start singing myself to sleep, Cas quietly joining half way through.

As my head lulls to sleep, I hear Cas whisper something.

"I think I love you Mollie."