The Hunt

"Hey look! People turning up dead with weird bites. What's that sound like to you?" Sam asked showing his older brother the newspaper.

"Vamps?" Dean asked.

"Sounds like them." Sam replied.

"Well come on then let's go."

---

We checked into the hotel and then unpacked. While unpacking, there was a ruffle of feathers, and Cas appeared in the room. "There has been another death. Small Mexican female. Brown hair brown eyes."

"You got a name?" Dean asks roughly.

Cas looks at me then shakes his head. "No but she had the same markings as the others."

"Alrighty then let's go!" I say while hoisting up my bag.

"Woah woah woah hotshot. Do you know how to kill a vamp?" Dean asks.

"Well... No... But decapitation seems to work for most things..." I say.

"Well yes... But what do you mean most things?" Sam asks.

"Well if it ain't gotta brain it can't function and if it can't function vamp no move." I say sarcastically.

"Whatever. Let's go." Dean says.

We all walk to the car and leave. I stare out the window with no emotion. I hear the brothers fighting up front. Dean looks as if he's holding back tears. Cas looks at me and I look back at the two hunters.

"Dean you need to cry." I say bluntly.

"No I don't. I'm fine." He says while wiping his nose.

"Your tear ducts could rupture from not crying." I say even more blunt.

"What?" He asks turning around.

"If you don't cry, your tear ducts could rupture." I say.

"Where the hell did you learn something like that?"

"The cashier at subway. Where do you thing Dean?!" I say sarcastically. At this, Cas chuckled a little and turns his head.

"Did you just make Cas laugh?" Sam asks from the drivers seat.

"I found her remark... Amusing..." Cas said choosing his words wisely.

"But we've said stuff almost exactly the same and you didn't chuckle. Do you like her better or something?" Dean says.

"We share a more... profound bond. I wasn't going to mention it but..." he replies with a shrug.

"Whatever." Dean says turning around.

We have reached the diner and we climb out. Cas zaps out before anyone can see him.

"Wait Cas!" I say but it's too late. He's already gone.

"Yes?" He says reappearing.

"Oh so you show up for her!" Dean says loudly.

"Take me with you! I don't want to stay here with them." I say. He simply nods and touches my forehead.

"That wasn't so bad." I say once we enter the diner. We arrived in the back so nobody would see us. "When are we going to go see the dead body? You know, before the ship it off or something."

"I'm not sure." Cas simply replies. We walk out into the main room and see Dean and Sam in a booth. I slide into the booth next to Dean and Cas sits next to Sam.

"Whatcha want to eat?" Dean asks me.

"A bacon cheeseburger with no tomato. And obviously some pie. Like life wouldn't be complete without pie." I respond.