The Backseat Angel

I chase Dean down the road and tackle him. We are laughing and he stands up. We both get into a fighting stance again and he throws the first punch. I block it and twist his arm behind his back.

"Dang boy. Ain't you learned nuttin'?" I ask sarcastically.

"Few things." He replies as he quickly turns around and shoves me away. Moose runs up behind Dean and grabs his arms.

"You are not going to fight a thirteen year old." He says.

"Oh bite me moose. We were just havin a little fun. No need to get your knickers in a twist. Sheesh." I say.

"Geez kid. Who talks like that? Knickers?" Dean says.

"When your father is gone and mother is working you tend to hang out around your grandparents a lot. You know. Until they die like everybody else." I say.

"So um you need a ride or anything?" Dean asks

"If it won't hurt the wittle pwincess!" I say in a baby tone while patting deans head.

"Shut up." He says while pushing my hand away.

We walk to the impala and I smile huge. I run my hand over the top and admire the car.

"Like what you see?" Dean asks.

"Yes. This is literally my dream car." I say keeping my eyes on the car.

"I like you kid." Dean says.

"I have a name." I retort back.

"I'm aware." Dean says.

We climb into the car with me in the back and the two men up front. Dean turns on the radio and Thunderstruck by AC/DC turns on.

"Really Dean? Why don't you let your guest pick?" Moose says.

"Shut your cakehole moose. This is a good song and you ain't gonna ruin it." I say.

"Why does everybody call me moose?!" He asks.

"Well one I don't know your name and two you're flipping tall." I say while sitting back.

"My name is Sam. Sam win-" he starts but is cut off by a flap of wings.

"AAHHH!" I scream as a man appears before me.

"What the hell man!" Dean shouts.

"You seem startled." The man says while looking at me.

"Well no shit! A man randomly appears next to me and you expect me to invite him to a tea party? No!" I half shout.

"I am not a man." The (non)man says.

"Cas here is an angel." Sam says from the front seat. I snort and start laughing.

"I do not see what's so funny." Cas says.

"You're serious?!" I ask them straightening up.

"Yes." Cas says.

I stare at Cas the entire ride to the motel. He just looks ahead and says nothing. He has ocean blue eyes and a short haircut.

"Why are you staring at me?" Cas says while still looking ahead.

"Sorry. I'm still a little startled I guess." I say while uncomfortably shifting in my chair.

We get back to the motel and I go to my room. There's a note reminding me I have to check out by midnight. I unlock the door and walk inside. I grab my bag and pack up all my clothes. Then I sit on the bed and watch TV.

"Why does she have her own room? Yall understand Yall are supposed to protect her right?" I hear Cas say through the wall.

"She's got a dad for that." Dean says.

"She doesn't know where he is though." Cas says.

"We just met her yesterday and you expect us to invite her to our room? Most people think that's a little perverted." Sam says.

"She needs protection. Demons are looking for her." Cas says. After that I fall asleep. It's about noon anyways.

---

When I wake up I glance at the clock. It's 9:30 PM. Shoot. I grab my bag and go to the front desk.

"Are you checking out Miss?" The lady asks me.

"Yes ma'am." I answer.

Where will I stay? I think. I decide to go back to in front of my room. I can't go inside but I can sleep in front of the boys' room. I sit against the wall an pull a knife out. I slip it into my sleeve and fall asleep.

Cas POV

I hear the girl leave her room and I follow her. I turn myself invisible and walk through the main office door. She checks out and then heads to our room. She falls asleep in front of it. I go back into our room and make myself visible again.

"Sam Dean wake up." I say.

"What is it Cas?" Sam asks me.

"Mollie." I say.

"Who?" Dean asks.

"Mollie. The girl from earlier. She's outside the door sleeping." I say.

"What? Why?" Sam asks.

"Checkout was midnight for her. She has no place to go." I say.

"Cool." Dean says before going back to sleep.

I roll my eyes and walk outside. I pick the girl up in my arms and take her into the room.

"Sam can she sleep with you?" I ask.

He nods his head and puts a shirt on. I gently lay the girl down next to him and go to sit in a chair.