The Band Director

I'm dedicating this chapter to my band director. He's leaving us next year to work at another school. He means so much to us that most of us cried. He almost cried. I cried. My friends cried. We love you Mr. Gregg. We will miss you.

It's been a week since Cas told us I was an angel. A week filled with Dean yelling at me trying to get me to do things right. Sam constantly telling me Dean just wanted the best for me. Me not believing him. While Dean would yell I would stare at my beat up old converse wishing I could shrink and run away. Not anymore.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO DEAN?! ALL YOU DO IS YELL AT ME! YOU NEVER SHOW AFFECTION! I JUST WANT TO BE LOVED. WHY CANT I JUST BE LOVED?! I DESERVE TO BE LOVED!!" I shout at Dean. "CAS IS MORE OF A FATHER THAN YOU. SAM IS THAT UNCLE THAT SHOWS MORE LOVE THAN YOUR ACTUAL FATHER. I'VE HEARD STORIES ABOUT YOUR FATHER AND QUITE FRANKLY YOURE LIVING UP TO HIS STANDARDS. YOUVE PASSED HIM. YOURE WAY WORSE IN THIS PAST WEEK THEN HE EVER WAS TO YOU! Just do us all a favor and stop. Just stop."

Dean stares at me and then leaves. I turn and punch a wall. I'm shaking really hard and tears are streaming down my face. My teeth are bared and I look at the angel and the hunter.

"Mollie?" Sam says with a concerned tone.

"That man is supposed to be my father?! HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH HIM?! HE WAS COOL AT FIRST BUT THEN HE FOUND OUT I WAS HIS DAUGHTER AND HE CHANGED. THEN ANGEL? HE ACTS AS IF ITS POISON. HE CONSTANTLY YELLS AT ME WAYS TO IMPROVE AND MAKES ME FEEL LIKE CRAP. YOUVE SPENT THIS LAST WEEK FEEDING ME LIES ABOUT THAT MAN TELLING ME HE LOVED ME. MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN ONE GIANT LIE. DO ME A FAVOR AND DONT LIE. THAT MAN AND I WILL NEVER BE ALIKE. EVER." I shout to Sam.

As I'm screaming lights blow out. The house shakes and books fly. I look down and there is a puddle of tears on the floor. My teeth are still bared and I still shake ferociously. I close my eyes and think of a place I want to go. When I open my eyes, I'm there.

Sam's POV

Why can't Mollie see Dean really does love her. She just doesn't understand I guess.

"Hey Cas. Can you use your angel tracking thingablob and track her? Dean will kill me if I let her outta my sight for too long." I ask turning to Cas.

"Well. I could. But that would be stupid." He says.

"She's my niece! SHE IS DEANS DAUGHTER! And she thinks of you as a father, yet you think it's STUPID to track her?" I yell.

"Well... yes. She's in that diner across the street. I can see her through the window." Cas says. I turn around and see her there eating a pie.

"Oh" I say a little embarrassed.

"We gotta case!" Dean says coming back into the room.

"What is it?" I ask.

"People from a high school in Texas dying." He says. "Where's Mollie?"

"The diner across the street." Cas says.

"Tell her to get her ass over here." He says.

Cas disappears and Dean and I turn to look at the diner. We see Cas sitting across from Mollie. She's ignoring him while he talks and he's getting frustrated. He looks around, then reaches up and touches her forehead. Suddenly, they're back in the living room.

"WHAT THE HECK CAS?! I TOLD YOU I DIDNT WANT TO COME!" Mollie yells.

"Suck it up, buttercup. We got a case. An old highschool in Texas. Kids dying." Dean says.

"What town?" She asks nervously.

"Lubbock." Dean says.

"Let's go. Now." She says running out to the car.We follow her out and climb in after her.