Josh Dun

You were a popular artist who would be performing at the latest music festival along side Halsey, Twenty One Pilots and many others. You were super excited to be performing today. Right now, there was sound check on the main stage. The order was Twenty One Pilots, and then you, seeing as you were the last artists to be checked.

You were just hanging backstage before Tyler and Josh went on when you got a call from your manager. You stepped off of the stage and made your way to the open area in front of it, seeing as the gates hadn't opened yet and there was nobody to block your way. Your manager was freaking out about something or other and you were trying to calm him down.

Meanwhile, Josh and Tyler were on stage setting up. Josh had just sat down at the drums when he saw you. You had turned around to face the stage with your phone still pressed to your ear. He had been a fan of yours since your first single and he'd always thought you were cute.

Josh motioned to Tyler to come over to him.

"I have an idea which you may or may not like." He told Tyler.

"Let me guess, it involves (Y/n)." Tyler said with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah, actually. How did you-" Josh started to say before he was cut off.

"Because you've been staring at them for the past 3 minutes while I've been waiting to start." Tyler said with a knowing grin on his face.

Josh just blushed. "Oh, haha, well, I was thinking that they could..."

Tyler nodded in agreement after he heard Josh's plan. "Yeah, I down for that. Let's do it!" He said excitedly.

By now, you had gotten off the phone with your manager after cooling him down. You felt somebody staring at you and you looked up to find Tyler and Josh staring at you from the stage. How long was I on the phone? Did they already finish their set? You thought to yourself as you made your way backstage. Once you got there, you noticed Tyler motioning you over to the two of them. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as you made your way over to them onstage.

"Hey boys, what's up?" You asked them while smiling.

"Nothing much just wanted to ask you something." Tyler replied nonchalantly.

"Shoot." You replied.

"Well, we were wondering if you wanted to perform a song with us tonight?" Tyler asked.

You were surprised. Did your idols really just ask you to perform with them? Holy shit! You just stood there for a few moments, staring at them.

"Oh, wow, um. Are you sure? I mean, I'm just (Y/n)." You asked them.

"Yeah, for sure! Now, what song did you want to do?" Tyler asked you while Josh just smiled up at you.

"Um, okay. How about (Y/fav/tøp/song)? It's my favourite." You said with a huge smile on your face.

"Perfect!" Josh exclaimed.

"Okay, let me just run it by the tech crew and get you a mic so we can practice." Tyler said while running off to find the stage manager.

It was quiet for a few moments before you decide to speak. "Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity, I'm a really big fan and it means a lot to me that you guys are letting me perform with you."

"It's really no problem, I'm a fan of yours, too." He told you.

You smiled at him while a small blush rose up your cheeks. "Thanks."

Just then, Tyler came back with the extra mic and you were ready to start sound check.

"Okay, so we'll just run through one of our songs first and then we can go through (Y/fav/tøp/song)." Tyler said.