Chapter 16 ♚

Chapter 16 ♚

Jake ♚

I spent the whole day preparing the house. I cleaned up everything, I cooked my parents dinner, and I even washed their cars. I just want everything to be perfect when they get back and hopefully they won't leave so soon.

"Don't be nervous." Amber told me as I talked to her over the phone.

"I can't help but to be nervous." I replied back.

"Why are you nervous? They're your parents." Amber stated as I look out into space.

"I know they are but what if they leave me. I want them to stay but it's like every time we actually have a good time with each other they leave." I explained to her.

The phone remained quiet for a few minutes.

"Maybe they'll stay this time. You never know." She mentioned.

Yeah, yeah okay." I replied not quite believing her.

My parents never have enough time for me and I'm not gonna lie but it upsets me a lot. Everyone else gets to see their parents yet I don't get to see mine at all. It's unfair.

"My mom said you could come over for dinner tomorrow night. You can even invite your parents." She told me.

"Wow, really? Even after she caught me in her house?" I questioned her confused.

Amber giggled. "Yeah, I'm surprised myself. Are you coming?" She asked making me smile.

"Of course I'm coming. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Hopefully , my parents stick around long enough to come too." I stated probably making her smile.

"I hope they do too." She replied back.

Unexpectedly I heard the front door open and in popped my parents.

"Amber, I'm gonna have to call you later. My parents are here!" I exclaimed with the biggest smile on my face.

"Alright, have fun and I'll talk to you later." She said before I hung up.

I threw my phone on the couch before getting up and running over to my parents.

"There goes my boy!" My dad yelled as he pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I yelled pulling my mom into the hug too.

"We missed you too sweetie." My mom said kissing my forehead.

We shared a long hug and exchanged kisses.

"What have you been up to lately?" My father asked as I grabbed his bags and brought them into the house.

"I've just been working down at the garage with Marcus." I told him.

"Oh, old man Marcus." My father said before chuckling a little.

My father and Marcus never really got along. Well let's just say they had a little dispute over a couple of years ago.

"Thank you for cleaning up the house. I can tell that you cleaned it up." My mom thanked me as she looked around like she hasn't been in the house for years.

"You're welcome. I even cooked dinner." I told her.

"Awww sweetie you didn't have to do that. I should be the one cooking for you considering we haven't seen each other in a month." She waved me off as she headed for the kitchen.

"Your mom has been driving me nuts. She has been dying to come back home but she has to realize that we leave strictly for work. If I didn't go out of town for work we wouldn't have this house." He explained to me.

I nodded my head.

We both walked to the kitchen to see my mom already sitting down with a plate.

"You definitely got your cooking from me." My mom stated making me crack a smile.

"How long are y'all staying?" I asked them preparing for the worst.

"We have  a day until we have to head to Europe so we're staying until tomorrow night." He stated making me give him a look of shock.

"B-But y'all just got here!" I protested looking at my mom.

She shrug her shoulders. "I'm sorry baby , we have to work." She stated making me roll my eyes.

"Working is more important than spending time with your son? The son you barely see , the son you barely know..." I stated a tear falling out of my eye.

This is how it works. They care about work more than they care about me. What's the point of them coming home if they only stay for a day or two?

"Son, I'm sorry." My father said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged his hand off before turning around and running away.

I don't know where I'm running off to but I just need to get away from there.

***

"What are you doing here?" Amber's mom asked me.

"Can I talk to Amber? I need to talk to her. Please let me talk to her." I said with tears falling out of my eyes.

She stood there emotionless before moving over to the side.

"Go right on up." She stated as I walked through the door.

I thanked her before running up to Amber's room.

"Jake, what are you doing here? You know I'm gr-" she started to say before she seen my face.

"They're leaving again. They don't care about me at all." I stated walking towards her slowly.

"Aww Jake!" She exclaimed pulling me into her arms.

I laid my head onto her chest as I cried all of my frustration away.

"Everything's gonna be okay." She assured me rubbing my head.

I wish I could believe that.

___________________________
Aww poor Jake. 😟 Jake in the mm 😘

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 💕