Chapter 3 ♚

Chapter 3 ♚

Amber ♚

Five days later

I would be happy that it's the last day of school but it doesn't really matter anyways because I will have to work in the garage instead of hanging out with Sandra in The Bahamas.

"Come on girl. Cheer up. Your summer probably won't be that bad." Sandra said trying to cheer me up.

I shook my head. "Yes it will." I whined as we walked to our class.

"Ughhhh stop whining. Maybe you'll meet a cute boy at that little garage." She told me.

"I hope I do. So then I can take my mind off of being there in the first place." I said making her nod her head in agreement.

I opened the door so we could both go into class which is our calculus class. Everyone stared at us because we're a minute late.

As we were heading to our seats in the back a voice interrupted us.

"I know I wrecked your car and all but I didn't know it was gonna cause you to be this late to class." Jake's voice came from the front of the class.

I rolled my eyes taking my seat in my desk.

"Shut up!" I snapped while mean mugging him as he looked back at me with a smirk on his face that I wish I could slap off.

"Amber stop disrupting class." Mrs. Solar said finally deciding to speak.

I rolled my eyes at her before looking at Sandra who also rolled hers.

I swear since we're the only African-American students in her class she treats us like trash.

She began to teach as the class stayed silent other than Jake who couldn't stop talking.

It's like every second he would say something trying to get attention or to be noticed making everyone in the class laugh besides us. Eventually Mrs. Solar sent him out to the hallway causing me to smile. She couldn't send him to the office because it's the last day of school and its a short day today.

It's crazy how even though this is the last day of school they still bothered to teach us and make us do quizzes.

I raised my hand causing the teacher to look over at me but she just ignored my hand.

"Excuse me Mrs. Solar." I spoke even though she didn't call on me.

"Amber don't speak unless I call on you." She snapped making me angry.

I decided to hold in my anger as I tried to say something else.

"But-" I got out before she interrupted.

"This is the third time I've had to say something to you now go out in the hallway." She demanded pointing towards the door.

I groaned gathering my stuff and speed walking out of the door. I pray that I don't have her next year as a senior.

I marched into the hallway where I seen Jake sitting on a bench that's against the wall. Not even wanting to look at him I sat on the bench opposite of him.

After a few minutes of sitting alone I heard feet moving and then I felt him sit beside me.

"You know you don't deserve to be treated like that." He told me while looking at me.

I looked at him before turning to look somewhere else.

"Why do you even care?" I asked with a scoff.

"Because no one deserves to be treated like that ever." He replied back.

I rolled my eyes out of habit.

"You can't say anything about her acting the way she acts because you act the same way!" I snapped getting loud.

"Oh yeah about that..." He trailed off rubbing his neck.

I never thought Jake could get nervous.

"I'm sorry about what I said after I crashed into your car. I went too far and I apologize." He apologized sounding serious.

I nodded my head and just stayed quiet.

"Do you forgive me?" He questioned looking up at me with his hazel eyes.

I sort of got mesmerized in his eyes.

"Sure." I said.

"Okay so we're cool now?" He asked with happiness in his eyes.

I instantly shoot my head no

"We may never be cool."

___________________________
Sandra in mm 😍😊

Do you guys think his apology was sincere?
What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - msfanfictional 🌹