Staring at her retreating figure, Hailey could sense regret with each step Jesslyn took; there was something that she truly wanted to tell her, but at the same time, it felt as though her liberty to speak had been ripped away from her — silenced by an unknown force not to be trifled with.

"I'll have someone to bring you food," Jesslyn stopped by the door, a hand on the knob; she turned to face Hailey with a smile forced on her lips. "I'll come back later so just stay put and get lots of rest."

Nodding silently, Hailey watched her friend and coach walk out the door; there was hesitation in her step as she took one more glance at her, eyes laden with so much remorse that the green in them had almost vanished.

The door clicked shut and left Hailey alone in that blue room. She took a deep breath, then tried to understand what just happened; curiosity as much as suspicion egged her to get up from where she was and find the truth.

What kind of revelation does she even expect to find?

"It is unwise to leave, dear fae."

This voice, it's from that world.

"It gladdens me that you remember my presence," the voice spoke as Hailey saw this ghostly figure manifest beside her bed, "But it would be wise to remain where you sit."

Who are you?

"Let us save the introduction for the latter time," the phantasm suggested as Hailey looked at her, who had a serious face on, "It would be better for you to listen to what the mortal had said."

And why should I listen to you?

The phantasm sighed and looked away, completely uninterested in the qualms of men; it surprised Hailey at the fact that she can see this phantasm that had yet to phase completely — its form merely an aura and nothing more than glass.

"Life sure is cruel, dear fae," the voice said as Hailey watched it walk away, "You try to save it and yet it shall be taken from you it truly is a pity."

What are you mumbling about?

"You will know soon enough, dear Fae."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Light searing; walls colder than Pluto. Sitting up, Katherine found herself awoken by the unusual cold; she tried to hug herself and heard the rattle of chains, which caught her attention. Her hands were cuffed by thick bracers that seemed to burn her wrists.

With a soft roar, she tried to break the seemingly breakable chains, but even with brute force, she could not; her veins had popped out of her arms as much as the ones beside her temple after another try, but to no avail.

What is going on?

Looking around, there was white all around her — from the walls to the very bedsheets she used; even the patient's clothes she wore were white. Her eyes soon landed on the only black thing in the room; a familiar listless face in a black Lolita gown — complete with a tiny clip on hat on her light brown locks.

"Took you awhile to wake up," Alexis commented as she sat patiently by the table in the centre of the room; her legs crossed under with leather boots as grim as her expression. "I was beginning to think you've gone into coma."

Katherine flung her legs to the side of the bed, "What happened?" she questioned before she stood up, but felt herself stagger from the unusual weight of the cuffs, "What's going on?"

"Take a seat," Alexis pointed to the chair opposite of her and watched Katherine with hawk-like eyes, obey; she could tell that the young wolf struggled to carry the heavy cuffs around her wrists that nearly looked ancient if not for its metallic make.