Chapter 34

Jane's POV
I had woken up from my alarm clock. Yay school. Not. Fucking hate that shit. At least it's Friday. I stretched out and dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with my face cleanser. The usual stuff. After I did everything in the bathroom, I got dressed. I put on a white crop top with high waisted jeans and a floral kimono. I put on my black vans. I decided to leave my hair down. Yes, lazy got to me. I grabbed my bag and went out the door with my brother Jake. We decided to ditch the bus and just walk to school. We didn't really talk much. "What do you think about mom marrying Michael?" He asked me. "I honestly don't know. I have mixed emotions about this. I'm still trying to get over her divorce with dad." I spoke honest fully. "I get you." Jake replied.

We had finally arrived at school, Jake went his way and I went my way. I went to my locker and grabbed the books to my first block class. "Good morning babe." Hayes said grabbing my hand. "Goodmorning." I said. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." I lied. "Tell meeeee." He said extending the e in me. "My mom she's getting remarried and I'm just feeling uncomfortable with it. Oh I forgot you're invited to the wedding." I said. "Tell her how you feel." He said. "Last time I told her how I felt she kicked me out of my house. Sometimes I feel like moving out. I will one day." I said. "Correction. We will one day." He said. The bell had rung after that. "I'll see you in math. Love you." I said giving him a peck on the lips. "Love you more." He said.

I was headed off to English. My second strongest class. Math was my first. I walked inside English and we starting reading a Shakespeare classic 'Romeo & Juliet'.

'My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.'

This book is deep. Too deep actually.

We read up to a few pages because she was now gonna give us a quiz about the vocabulary in the story.
-
-
"Finally schools over." I said to Hayes. "Let's go to my house." He said. "Okay." I replied. We were walking to his house right now without saying a word.

Once we had arrived, I spotted Mrs.Floyd and Skylynn in the kitchen. "Jane! Darlin'! How are you?" She asked. "I'm very good Mrs.Floyd. How are you?" I asked her. "Very good!" She said. "JANE!!" Skylynn yelled. "Sky!" I said picking her up to a hug. I put her down and went upstairs to Hayes' room. "So what do you wanna do?" I asked him. "Let's go outside for a second." He said. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the backyard. We climbed the big tree we'd always climb when we were younger.

"I remember when we used to do this all the time." I said. "I missed it." He said. "So did I." I said. "Do you still have your tux from the premiere?" I asked. He nodded. "Perfect. You can wear that to the wedding." I said. "Where are you gonna go for a college?" He asked me. I never wanted him to bring this up. I always knew we'd go our separate ways. "Well, I was planning to to one in California." I said. "I wanna go to one here in NC." He said. "We don't have to worry about that now. We're sophomores almost juniors." I said. "I know but it's always good to think about the future." He said.

"Just know that wherever you go, and where I go, I will always have you in my heart okay?" I told him.
----
Ooh kill em! Aye this was a short chapter but oh whale🐳 anyways, I'm gonna do the wedding and then flash forward to senior year cause I wanna end this book and make a sequel. This chapter was inspired by the amazing fanfic called "Reckless" with it's sequel "Runaway". Please read it you will NOT regret it AT all so yeah. Don't forget to stay magcony -Jade💕✨