Chapter 4

Edited 08.17.2018

Jane's POV

We got to their house and we're instantly greeted by Hayes' mom. "Elizabeth!" My mom yelled.

"Karen!" Elizabeth yelled back. "Hey guys! The boys are downstairs with Skylynn." She said.

Jake dragged me down the basement and we saw the three siblings playing around.

"What's good, Jake!" Nash yelled. Nash and Jake have been childhood friends ever since I can remember.

"My brotha." Jake says and they do their little bro shake.

"Jane!" Skylynn yelled as she ran up to me and I carried her up to my waist.

"Hey Sky how are you?" I asked her.

"Very good!" She said happily.

"Okay guys I have to do a video real quick so let's just get straight to it to get it over with." Nash said. Nash left to LA to pursue his career as a social media influencer. He had a good amount of followers and recognition which is crazy to think about.

"Do a Q&A." Hayes suggested.

"Okay let me tweet it." Nash said.

Five minutes later, the hashtag #AskNakeJayes trended and he turned the camera on.

"What's up everybody it's Nash here. I'm here with another video and today I am going to be doing a Q and A video with my two friends Jane and Jake along with my annoying little brother Hayes." He said. We all walked into frame and waved at the camera. "So lets get started." He said.

"Who's the most cleanest to least cleanest?" I read from my phone.

"Definetly Jane, then me, then Hayes, and then Jake." Nash said. Jake does an offended hand to the heart.

"Are Jane and Hayes dating?" Jake asked and looked at us.

I can't help but stipple a laugh, "It's a no from me." I said and Hayes nods as he purses his lips together. 

"Not even friends?" Nash said. 

We both shake our heads and Jake rolls his eyes. "Anyways."Jake said.

"If you could date anyone, who would it be?" Nash read the tweet.

"I would say Ariana Grande." Hayes said.

"Same" Nash and Jake said.

"Your friend Jack Gilinsky." I winked at the camera. I've met Jack before and we have the type of friendship that we just flirt around with each other knowing we're joking. But if we're being honest, I'd so date him.

"Gross!" They yelled and I laughed.

The video went on and once we finished Nash was editing the video with Jake.

So, me and Hayes just sat there. "Would you guys stop acting like 4 year olds and talk? It's annoying how you guys just don't talk to each other. What happened to Jayes?" Nash asked.

"Jayes was a joke." I said.

 "Nash can we talk in private?" I asked him.

"Sure." Nash responded and stood up from the chair and told Jake to finish editing.

We went upstairs. "Look Nash, I know you want me and Hayes to be how we used to be but I just can't." I explained to him, shaking my head. "None of this would be happening if he didn't do that dare."

"I just miss you guys being friends, you know?" Nash said.

I nod my head, and we went downstairs and heard Hayes say, "I know she's your sister and all but I don't like her bro. Drop it we're not going to be friends."

"Who said I wanted to be yours?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

He scoffs, "Here we have Drama Queen."

"I could say the same." I glare at him. "I'm gonna go, I have to make sure I have everything organized for tomorrow's trip."

"Don't come back." Hayes says. 

I give Nash a hug and I walk out their basement door and walk to my house. The fact that I have to deal with a douchebag like him for a whole week, saddens me.