Chapter 3

Edited on 08.17.2018

Jane's POV

I was on my final class and they had a quick announcement. "Attention Ms.Weller's first period science class. Tomorrow you will be leaving on the school bus, please bring everything you will need and be here by 7:30 a.m. Thank you, have a nice day!" Ms.Weller said through the speakers.

School ended and I was on my way home. Then, I see feel someone cover my eyes. I turn around and it's Nash. "Oh my god, Nash!" I said happily as I hugged him hard.

"Jane what's up I haven't seen you in like 2 years?" He asked me.

"I know oh my god what are you doing here?" I asked him. The last time I saw Nash was the day he left to LA to pursue his career.

"I'm actually here to pick up Hayes." He says. "Plus I came back from LA yesterday." He added.

"Oh." I say. If Hayes is coming I don't want to be here. "I'm gonna get going but it was great seeing you again." I gave him a weak smile and begin to walk away.

Then Nash grabbed my wrist and said "Wait, what's wrong?" 

What's up with people grabbing my wrist lately?

"Hayes and I aren't friends anymore." I tell him playing with my fingers.

"What? Since when? Weren't you guys best friend's?" He asks me with wide eyes, indicating he's shocked.

I shrug, "I think it's his place to tell you the story." 

He shakes his clearly disappointed in his brother, "Whatever he did was probably stupid so I'm sorry on his behalf."

I chuckle trying to lighten the mood, "That's Hayes for ya."

He smiles and we both say our goodbyes. I gave him one last hug and start walking back home.

Nash's POV

Seeing Jane again was actually quite nice. She was and still is so understanding and kind. But her and Hayes not friends anymore? That's weird.

"Brooo." I greet him and I give him a bro hug.

"Nash, what are you doing here?" He said.

"I came back from LA today." I tell him as we walked to my car. "So guess who I ran into?" I asked him.

"Who?" He asked on his phone.

"Jane." I asked and he looks up from his phone.

"Oh, her." He says in an uninterested tone.

"What happened between you two?" I asked him. He needs to tell me what happened. Hayes tends to do stupid things if it means he won't look stupid.

"It's nothing, really." He shrugs scrolling through his phone.

"Hayes, I hope you know I'm not stupid." I say to him.

"Dude all that happened was just a dumb dare and she took it to another level."

"What was the dare?" I ask him.

"I had to ask her out and lead her on. Then, telling her it was a joke in front of everyone."

"Are you fucking stupid? Why didn't you just say no?" I tell him raising my voice.

"Calm the fuck down, I had no other choice." He says. "If I didn't the entire school would think I'm a big pussy."

Then I start clapping, "Nice one, dumbass." I say sarcastically.

He nods, "It's obviously something I'm not proud of but it's also something that has impacted me in a good way."

"How?" I ask him. What good outcome did he receive from that?

"Ever since that day, I got way more friends, girls, and opportunities." He smirks as if he's proud of his 'achievement'.

"You're officially the dumbass of the family."

Jane's POV

So when I got home, the first thing I did was pack for tomorrow. I packed a few shirts, some shoes, slides, hiking boots and other necessities. I went downstairs and I see my mom smiling.

"Get ready we're going over Elizabeth's house to have dinner." My mom says. Oh hell no.

"I'll pass." I simply reply.

"That's not an option!" She says and rubs my back.

Ever since Hayes and I became best friends, my mom and his mom became best friends as well. We made a tradition to spend holidays together so we definitely hang out often. Just recently it was something I dreaded.

And now, we have to go because she wants to catch up with her "bestie".