Chapter 33

Jane's POV
Today was it. It was the dance. It was that one word that nobody could stop talking about. It got annoying. Thankfully, school was over and it was over pretty quick. I was currently at home using my phone. I looked at the time. Shit it was 4:27 and the dance was at 6:00. Great way to fuck up Jane.

I quickly changed into my teal dress with daisies all over it and put my lace flats. Once I was done with the dress and shoes, I did my makeup. I applied foundation, primer, concealer all that stuff and did my makeup. Next, the longest part. My hair. I decided to curl my hair and then a braid across it. Surprisingly, it came out pretty good! (Outfit is picture above)

Once I had finished, my mom insisted on taking pictures. I didn't want to at all but my mom always wins at the end so she took the picture. Now, what I really hate that she did was posting it on Facebook. OH MY GOD! (#Relateable)

My mom drove me to the dance and told me to have fun. Once I got there I was nervous. Too nervous. I forgot about it and just walked in. I went inside and scanned the room for Addie and Ally. I went up to them and we started talking. The had dates but they didn't really hang out so that I won't feel bad. "You look so good!" Addie complimented. "Thanks I guess. When does this end?" I asked. "It ends on 9:00 and its 6 so." Ally said.

Everybody started dancing and crap while I was at the food bar. I had seen Hayes and dang he was hot. But of course fucking Stacey ruined it. They were now announcing the Queen and King. "Okay everybody! It's now time for what everybody has been waiting for Queen and King. Alright let's see, your Spring Fling queen is.....Stacey! And your Spring Fling king is.....Hayes!" The vice principle said.

Hayes' POV
".....Hayes!" The vice principal said. I grabbed Stacey's hand and walked towards the middle of the stage. There I saw her. The girl that I belonged to in her beautiful dress. Jane. "I'm sorry I can't do this. At least not with you." I said. I let go of Stacey and walked towards Jane. "May I have this dance?" I asked her pointed out my hand. She grabbed my hand and walked towards the middle. "Why me?" She said. "Because I like you more than Stacey and I feel comfortable with you than Stacey." I reasoned. "But she was your choice." She simply said. "No she wasn't. I just asked her out cause the boys forced me to. I don't give two craps now. You're the girl I wanna be with. The girl that puts a smile to my face and makes it hard to turn it to a frown. Jane, I love you more than what could imagine words can't describe how much. I hope you know that I will never hurt you or make you feel a horrible way. A real boyfriend would never hurt his girlfriend." I told her.

Jane's POV
Damn that was deep. Those words made me realize the boy I loved the boy I needed in my life. He was like my oxygen. I cupped Hayes' face and kissed him. I missed him a lot. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said. "Then, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with hope. "I would love to." I said.
-
-
The night went on and Hayes and I were walking towards the subway (let's pretend NC has subways). Hayes had decided to go there because we've never been on it and not many people would ride there. We got our ticket and we went inside the train. There was an elder lady and a little girl that seemed to be her granddaughter. We sat on one of the seats holding hands with his head on my shoulder. "You two dating?" The lady asked. "Yes we are." I said. "You two will last." She says. "We have lots of problems though." I said. "Then the only way of getting rid of them is facing them and solving them or preventing it." She said. "Thank you. I love him a lot." I said. "I love her more though." Hayes said out of no where. "Keep loving each other cause you never know when will be their last day." She said. She had arrived at her stop. "Thank you. I really appreciate your advice." I said. "Anytime." She said.

"You think we'll last forever?" I asked him. "Yes and if we don't, we have to try and make it a possibility." He said. I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his shoulder. Today was great. I had gotten back with the person that makes me happy.

I love him.

-----
Ayeeeee! Hey guys I finally updated on a correct day but I'm gonna update after this. Before you start commenting 'does this mean he's gonna die soon?' No he's not she's saying that don't stop loving each other. Anyways, song suggestion is Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez. I love her so much my gosh she's so pretty and her voice! the outfield trailer is out and it looks good af. Don't forget to stay magcony - Jade💕✨