Chapter 7

Edited 08.17.2018

Jane's POV

I go outside and I see Hayes yelling at Stacy. Oh my god. This is going to turn into something bad. "Hayes stop." I said trying to get his attention so he could stop.

 "You really think I wasn't going to find out?" Hayes asks her raising his voice at her a little too loud.

 "What are you talking about? What did I do?" Stacey asked clearly acting surprised. How does know one see the fake right through her?  

"So now you want to act stupid?" He asked, once again. "You slept with Josh."

"Baby, what? No I'd never do that to you." She says holding onto his arm and batting her eyes at him. 

"Let me go." He says. "You can fuck Josh without me being in the way now. We're done." He accentuates the word done.

I quickly went running to the cabin before he saw me. He walks through the door, "You're not slick, I saw you." He said with a small laugh.

 "I'm sorry for what happened. I feel really guilty." I said. 

"I was already sensing it. Don't beat yourself up for it." Hayes said trying to make me feel better.

Hayes is being nice and it's bringing back the feeling of when I was his friend. We're actually having a proper conversation and it's not bad. At all.

"So about that lake." Hayes said.

"Im still going I don't know about you." I said. I opened the cabin door and went towards the lake, Hayes behind me. I looked at my watch and it was 9:13 A.M . I luckily had my teal bikini under what I was wearing. I went to the lake and saw there was a bunch of chairs. I sat on one of them and just sat there to get a little tan. On the other hand, Hayes was in the lake. I just closed my eyes and relaxed. Then, I felt someone carry me. I quickly oppened my eyes and saw it was Hayes. "Hayes Grier put me down!" I yelled. 

"Nope." He said through his laughter. 

I was hitting his back and kicking but he's way too strong. What can I say? he does play football. He threw me in the water. "What the fuck was that for?" I said angrily trying to keep a serious face but failed. 

"Just for fun." Hayes said laughing and shaking his hair and I splash water at him. "I want to apologize for what I said the other day." Hayes said.

I stay quiet not really knowing what to say. It's obviously something that could be forgiven but definitely not something I could forget.

 "I'm also sorry for that dare. You're right about everything I shouldn't have done it and I did. I don't expect you to forgive me but I'd like to prove to you that I'll make better choices." He looks straight into eyes.

"It's not that easy.." I sigh and lightly play with the water.

"I know but can we at least be friends?" He asks with hope written all over his face.

I can't lie and say I don't miss the friendship because I do but I'm just scared of catching feelings again and getting led on. It happened once and I don't need it to happen again. But then again, life is all about taking risks and maybe this is one I should take.

I give him a smile, "I guess." I drag the 's' and he chuckles. He then pulls me into a hug. Not an awkward hug but a genuine hug. We could both tell how much we wanted to hug through the warmth of each other. 

We swam for 20 more minutes and went back to our cabins. Since there were bathrooms, we took turns on taking a shower. After I finished, I went inside my closet and changed into my tank top, with my light washed shorts, and my all black converse. I checked the time, it was 9:36 AM. I heard Ms.Weller.

"Attention students! Please come outside for some breakfast! Be here in 5 minutes! Thank you!" She said through the megaphone. I went outside and saw some chairs and a super long table. I saw Ally and Addie had saved a spot for me and I sat there with them ready to tell them what jus happened.