CHAPTER 27: Hush Little Snowflakes

Narrator

Everyone was now gathered in the Great Hall starting to eat, the Dragon House table was all wondering where did Hiccup and Astrid went that took them so long?

Ruffnut, who was lookin at the door, was getting worried of something must've happened that made the two trapped in one place they didn't even knew.

"Are you sure they're coming?" She asked the busy Fishlegs who was munching his food in his mouth while holding a chicken leg.
"Yes, I can sense they're coming." Fishlegs said in a muffled voice.
Ruffnut let out a sigh, feeling hopeless if she would just wait and worry. For sure nothing from the outside can come in right? After all, the school was protected with a magical barrier that only Celestial summoners can enter.

There came a knock on the door. Everyone was all eyes on the door as it opened, seeing the two missing people. Hiccup was helping Astrid walk as they enter the dinning area.

Headmaster Xavier was eying the two carefully, making sure Hiccup will be careful of the poor sick girl.

"There you are!" Snotlout said relief to see them both.
"Yeah, Astrid was kind of slow today." Hiccup said as he sat on his usually seat of the long table full of food.
Astrid was sitting next to Ruffnut, where she was feeling herself sleepy and have no appetite of even eating just a single cheese cube.

"Don't you want to eat?" Ruffnut asked her as she held her shoulder, which she quickly let her hand off, as her hand felt very cold as ice.
"Astrid are you sure your okay?" Tuffnut asked her.

But the blonde girl didn't reply as she gritted her teeth, sweat falling from her and freezes everything that hits it.

Hiccup sensed the pain of Astrid and he quickly ran to her and when he touched her, he fell on the ground as his feet went numb.

Everyone was curious of what was happening, even the headmasters and mistress. Headmaster Xavier quickly went towards the Dragon House table, and used his magic to let Astrid float and face them, seeing how pale she grew and her fingertips were glowing bright blue.

Her sweat dropped on the floor, and it freezes, spreading across the whole room, freezing tables and up the walls to the ceiling, and it started snowing.

"Everyone out of the Great Hall, now!" Orders one headmistress. Hearing this made the students run out of the doors, leaving the royals and the professors with Astrid who was keeping her scream inside.

"Astrid, calm yourself." The headmaster told the poor girl. But she can't hold it even longer that she burst into screams, as flashes of light release her palms, hitting every corners of the room freezing it more.

The poor girl fell on the floor, creating a loud thudding sound that created a thunder outside the castle, where the ice spread across the land, scaring the people and everything magical that lives in it was covered with frost and snow.

"Take her to her room! Make sure she's okay, and make sure no one comes near her, especially you Hiccup." The old headmaster told his fellow teachers and pointed at Hiccup who was looking very worried.

The teachers had united their celestine as they carry Astrid back to the Dragon House dorm, and made sure that her room was protected with a barrier that cannot let the others enter the room but only them.

"Do you think this had something to do with the spell that was casted on her?" Asked Ruffnut to Hiccup who was sitting on the couch next to Astrid's door that was protected with the barrier.

"I don't know, but I think something inside her was out of control, Astrid won't just do that if she didn't intent to hurt anyone right?" Hiccup told his fellow royals who were nodding in agree.

"Your highnesses!" A student came bursting from the door.

"What is it?" Snotlout asked the scared student.
"Castrallia, it was freezing, and it was crossing around the whole dimension, and headmaster Xavier wants you all to the laboratory now." Said the student.

"We better go check it out, and we must know what is going on with Astrid." Ruffnut told them as he followed the student out of the room. The others agreed about this, but Hiccup was worried. What if this has something to do with the guy Astrid just saw? Or maybe the professor had forgotten to tell him about something.

Better go find out...