CHAPTER 13: Man in Black

I watched as Hiccup battled his opponent. Whenever he take his opponent down, we cheered. Hiccup then summon a sword with flaming blade, and so is the other, and started clanging swords.

When Hiccup was took down that created a very loud crashing sound following e by cracks that were creating around him.

He quickly stand up and suddenly disappeared from the screen.

"Where did he go?" I asked while looking closely to the screen. His opponent looked puzzled of his sudden disappearance.

BOOGSH!

Came a loud explosion, followed by a very bright glow of red and orange. Smoke filled the area and there came a shadow of a figure from the smoke, standing up while throwing its weapon away.

I clenched my fists, biting my lower lip.

C'mon Hiccup! You can do it! For the sake of your grade!

Wait, since when have I been concerned of anyone? Especially to the ones who are cold and think I'm just invisible? Gah! I don't care!

The smoke slowly faded, and there I saw glowing red eyes. His forehead had a cut with blood dripping from it. And that's when I knew it was Hiccup.
He was looking at his opponent who was looking at him in shock, eyes trembling like he just saw a monster.

My teammates cheered, followed by the other students, except the Phoenix team who where the other player was from.

The two disappeared and appeared back on the center arena. The opponent still shock.

I wonder what he did? It was all too fast I can't even see what he really did at all.
Hiccup pulled him up and he walked back to where we were. Tuffnut, Snotlout, Fishlegs and Ruffnut cheered for him, while I just look at him as he sat down, blood still flooding his forehead.

My instincts tell me to go and get a wet cloth and wipe the blood off his forehead and slowly on the cut part that made him flinch and grip on my wrist tightly, but not tight enough to hurt me.
"Let me do it." He said and stole the cloth from my hands.
"Sorry." I said and sat down across him.

"You nailed it Hiccup! You really made a scene!" Said Snotlout proudly that he had Hiccup as our teammate.
Hiccup didn't gave any emotion and just continued to press the cloth on his forehead.

In the corner of my eye, by the open doors where the hallway was connected, I notice something. It was two glowing things that what seem to be eyes. I look closely as I could but it was too far to be identified.

Suddenly it disappeared. I stand up and ran to the door where I saw it and there by the hallways, I found something running away, wearing a black cloak and suddenly disappeared in the shadows.

Something fell on my shoulder, I quickly grab it and twisted it, receiving loud grunting sounds and yelling.

"Sh*t! What is your problem?!"

"Hiccup! Oh my gods! I'm sorry." I said letting go of him. He glared at me and look ahead.
"What did you saw?" He asked his eyes narrowing at the distance.

"I-its nothing." I replied shaking my head. Hiccup look down at me with his lips pursed together. He grab my hand and drag me back to our team.

He let me sit down beside him and we watched the battle between another two summoners.

I wasn't paying attention though, how can you even pay attention when the guy beside you was still holding your hand without even thinking of letting go of it.

***

After the tournament, we all headed to our dorms for and hour break, and next event will be all about trust.
I stared at the floor of snow as I sat on my bed, hugging my legs together, hoping I would be able to pass the last test.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Came a knock on the door. "Come in." Came out from my lips. The door swung opened. And there came Hiccup with a tray filled with food in it.

He placed it down on the side table and grab a chair and removed the snow off it.

Wonder if he feels cold?

"No, I really don't feel cold." He said.
My eyes widened. I forgot about it again. Stupid me.

"Why are you here?" I asked him. He smirked and grab the bowl of Mac and cheese and handed it to me.
"I came to give you these, I cooked it myself." He said.
I look at him confused.
"Why?" I asked him. He grab my hand and place the warm bowl on it.
"As a thank you, for believing in me that I can pass the test." He said no emotion written on his face.

"I don't take 'thank you' gifts, I don't even seek for you to do me a favor." I said.
He just look at me blankly.
Seriously? Does this guy even normal? Is he a robot or something?

I sighed on defeat and look at the bowl of macaroni coated with cheese sauce. It looked delicious. I look back at him with a smirk.
"You cooked this? I though princes don't cook?" I asked with a teasing smile.
"There are things you don't know about me." He said giving me the fork.

"Yeah, so many." I sarcastically said while rolling my eyes.

I grab the fork but he didn't gave it to me, instead he dipped the fork, scooping macaroni and put it in front of me.

"I can do it myself." I said. "Eat." He said, mor like ordered. Without any choice, I open my mouth and ate.

The flavour of the cheese savoured in my mouth, made me remember my brother when he cooks me my favorite food, which was Mac and cheese.

I felt a tear falling down my cheek as I remembered that time. It still hurts. And it hurts even more.

"You okay Astrid?" Hiccup asked. His voice turning to worried.

I slapped myself mentally and went back yo reality, realising I was now crying. I quickly wipe my tears and smiled nodding my head.

"Yeah, I just can't explain how delicious your dish was." I lied smiling in fake.

Hiccup place the bowl and fork on the tray and quickly wipe my tears off.
I was surprised when he pulled me into a gentle hug.

"I know your lying." He whispered. "Tell me what's wrong." He said softly in my ear that I can feel shivers running down my spine.

"I'm okay, really." I said.

Hiccup pulled away and grab my hands. "Astrid, you don't have to hide anything from me, you can count on me for everything, if something is bothering you, tell me." He said looking deeply into my eyes. I also was staring back, that I think I can she myself in them on how focus he is on me.

"I..." I breathed and sighed. Hanging my head low, avoiding my gaze from him.

He then push my chin up, making me look up at him. "Promise me, you won't hide anything, if your not feeling okay, tell me, I will be here to help you." He said.

Confused of his sudden actions, I just nodded my head and smiled.

Hiccup hugged me again, and I hug back. Feels like I am hugging my brother again.

A smile curved on my lips. But suddenly disappeared when I saw something on the mirror's reflection.

It was that thing I saw earlier...