CHAPTER 24: Name the Royal Eg-rr Dragon

"Awesome! I'm gonna name you Hookfang." Snotlout said as he raise his dragon up high.
"Why?" Asked Fishlegs as he cuddle his cute little dragon.

I sat down on the couch next to Ruffnut as I scratched my dragon's chin. I look at Ruffnut's dragon, and it was a green shade with purple spikes whom she named Barf.

"Because he had hook like fangs, see?" Snotlout said proudly, as he place his tiny dragon on his shoulder.

Tuffnut named his dragon Belch which was the same breed as Ruffnut, and Fishlegs named his dragon Meatlug which was a chubby dragon that had cute puppy like eyes.

"How 'bout you Astrid? What are you going to name your dragon?" Asked Ruffnut. I look at the tiny dragon on my shoulder who was sleeping with smoke coming out of its nose.

"I'm not sure yet, maybe I should see Hiccup's dragon before I name mine." I said and headed my way to Hiccup's door.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

"Hiccup, are you there?" I asked as I stick my ear on the wooden door to listen if someone was there.

"Come in." A voice said.

I twist the knob open and there revealed Hiccup, who had his dragon laid on his shoulder.

It was midnight coloured, and it had greenish eyes that was looking at me suspiciously. "Is this your dragon? He's so cute!" I said as I tried to touch it,but it suddenly growled, that made my dragon growled too. Thus made the tiny black dragon quiet down and hide behind Hiccup's hair.

"Sorry about that, well,dragon doesn't like to be touched my anyone unless its their owner.

I pouted, I look at the little dragon who was looking at me. I smiled at it, making it fly slowly towards me.

I look closely, my face inches away from it. Until I place my palm, and he landed on it and it showed a...

"Toothless?" I asked, seeing no teeth was on the dragon's mouth.

"Yeah, its also his name, this dragon breed is a Night Fury, and he got retractable teeth." Hiccup explained.

"Oh cool!" I said.

"So what did you call yours?" Asked Hiccup, pointing at my dragon who was now playing with Toothless.

I look at my dragon, its blue scales were like crystals as light hits it, it got eyes like a magical realm was hidden behind it.

"Its a girl of you can notice, and I see you haven't got any name for it." Hiccup said.

Toothless flew back on Hiccup's shoulder and went to sleep.
I look at my dragon, she was looking at me, like waiting for me to call her something.

"Hmm...maybe I'll not name her for now, I have to learn more facts about her." I said.

"You know, all names fit your dragon, do you still have to research about her?" Hiccup asked me.
I shrugged, "Yeah, and I still need to know her more before I trust what name should I use for her, and for the sake of her safety." I said emphasising the words I had just remembered back at the books store. I don't know, I just felt like I have to do it.

But when I did it, I felt guilty, cause Hiccup looks curious of what I am doing.

"Sorry, I have to go now." I said and ran out of the dorm room.

My dragon and I stayed at one tree that had purple colour and sparkles on the leaves. I climbed up one tree as I laid y dragon on my lap as she played with her tail chasing it like a puppy.

"You know, I was a bit guilty of what I did to Hiccup back there." I said as I look at my dragon play, even though she's not paying attention.

I'm still curious. One of my friends? But they all look so nice and very innocent to be my enemy.

Or maybe that old man was just playing with me?

"Psst!"

I look around for who was calling.

"Psst!"

I look down and saw Wendy down there, with her purple coloured dragon on her right shoulder.

"Hey." I smiled. I quickly climbed down the tree and met Wendy there who was smiling widely.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.
"Oh, was just cooling out, everyone was all squealing back there on naming their dragons." I replied.

"Ooh! Is that the Celestial egg? Its so cute!" Said Wendy.
My dragon growled at her, but u settle her down on putting a finger get on her head.

I look at Wendy's dragon, it was just staring at me like Toothless earlier.
"What'd you name it?" I asked her.
"Dash." She replied. "How bout you?"

"I'm still thinking about it." I replied.

"Oh." She said. She look at me dragon again which was flying in front of me with Herbig puppy eyes looking at me like begging for us to go now.

"Want to have a little talk?" Wendy asked. I smiled and nodded.

Wendy and I walked around the campus grounds, sitting under trees as we talk about ourselves.

"So your an orphan now?" Wendy asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah, and I lived with my Uncle Howard's family, which didn't turn out good. I was being treated badly." I replied.

"Well, my story is likely yours, I have a family yes, but they treated me differently, cause I'm different from among them." Wendy sighed as she held her dragon in her hands who was sleeping.

"Why?" I asked her.
"Cause I'm the only one who got Air powers, they're all Earth summoners, my brothers and sisters say I'm adopted and they don't love me." Wendy said as a tear fell off her eye.

"Oh." I said guilty of asking. "I'm sorry for asking."
Wendy chuckled and shake her head. "Its okay, at least I'm not the only one who is alone."

"Hey Astrid!" Someone called. I look up to see Heather coming. She was smiling widely, but when she saw Wendy, her expression changed.

"Hey Heath!" I greeted her. Heather smiled at me.
"Astrid, can I talk to you for a bit?" She asked me.

I look at Wendy who was just nodding at me.
"Uh...okay, sure!" I replied. Heather helped me up and pulled me away.

I look back at Wendy, who was smirking in a different way I think it was.

Be careful princess....

Voices again...