CHAPTER 17: Voices

Run away...leave him behind...

"What?" I asked out loud, wandering my eyes to know who was with us right now. But there was nothing/one.

"Ugh..." Hiccup groaned as he tries to get up. "Here, let me help you." I said and swung his arm around my shoulders and help him up to his feet. I be careful not to hit his cuts.

"You shouldn't have scream." I said. He glared at me, "how would I know?" He snapped. I just stayed silent and look up to see chiropterans standing there, roaring at us. Suddenly, they all jumped off the cliff and landed around us.

I watch in horror as the hideous beasts look at us with their eyes bloody and scary.

"Jump."

I look beside me and saw Hiccup groaning in pain, his face was showing that he was hurt. A lot.

"But.." I look at the monsters circling us. Fear flowing around me. I can't even move on my own post, and now he wants me to jump?

"Do it!" Hiccup snapped. He then grab my hand and a small knife and gave me a little cut on my finger. Blood started to flow and I felt my body suddenly felt the urge to just leap, and without knowing it, we were already bouncing off the walls of the cliff, until we reached the top of the cliff.

"Were here!" I cheered. Hiccup forced a smile and turn his head around. I followed his gaze and saw a blue portal there, waiting for us to enter.

"C'mon Hiccup, let's go back." I said and I help him walk towards the portal. But before we could reach there, chiropterans appeared in front of us, blocking our way.

"Darn it!" Hiccup cursed. He then let go from me and stand still, not minding the pain he was feeling with those large cuts he had. And summon his sword and battle the monsters put of the way.

I watch him as he swing his blade on the monster's body, but he was slow because of his wounds that were hurting him, making the monsters avoid in time of his attack.

"AGR!" He scream in pain as he got another cut on his arm.

I quickly summon my celestine and throw energy balls at them to stop them from touching Hiccup.

The monsters were frozen on their feet, letting them stay where they are, and for me to have a chance to grab Hiccup with ease and push him to the portal.

But before I can follow, one pulled me back by my hair. I quickly used my sword that I just summon and stab it on the monster's chest letting him cry out loud. And shatter into pieces.

Three blocked the way and I can't pass through. My blood boils on how difficult this is and I let loose.

My celestine grew inside me that I can feel I'm untied with it. And let my power control me, and slay the chiropterans, shattering them into pieces.

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Astrid pushed me into the portal and I appeared back in the arena, where Snotlout and Tuffnut helped me and healed my wounds.

Suddenly, I remembered that Astrid was still in there, and hadn't gone out yet.

"I have to get back there." I said standing up and walk my way back to the open portal.

"But Hiccup, you can't do that, its dangerous, your wounds just healed." Said Fishlegs.

"But I have to. Astrid is my partner here and she saved me, I won't let her stay there all alone with those monsters. I have to get her, no matter what it takes." I said. And before they can protest and everyone can stop me, I ran my way back to the portal.

I arrived back at the maze, and there I saw Astrid, lying on the ground unconscious, the monsters aren't there anymore. Maybe she killed them. But more are still roaming around,so I quickly ran to her ad carry her in my arms and ran back to the portal.

When we arrived back at the school, I quickly ran Astrid back to our dorm and call Ruffnut's help to heal her wounds.

Tuffnut helped me, since I'm still not feeling well, and let me take some rest.

***

After a few hours, I went to Astrid's room, I saw her there sitting on her window seat, watching something above outside the window.

I knocked on the door to approach her. She look at me and smiled.
"Hey." She greeted, not moving from her seat.

"You okay now?" I ask her. "I should be the one to ask you that." She chuckled.

I went to sit down in front of her and gave a smile.

"You know what, its better to look at you when you put a smile." She said.
I just chuckle and look at the window.

"Thanks by the way." I said.
"For what?" She asked.
"For saving my life, and risking yourself to get me back here." I replied and look at her. Astrid's eyes shimmer as her smile grew wider.

"I'm just returning the favor." She said.
"And I thank you too, for having faith in me." She the gave me a hug.

Something inside me just shock that made me melt. I hug her back, I don't know, I just feel like it.

Astrid's P.O.V.

Hiccup and I stayed in my room. His head was still wrapped with bandage, to make sure to stop the bleeding. His right arm was wrapped with bandage, and he got bruises on his face.

He looked funny, but I don't want to tease him now, cause he's in a good mood.

"Hey Astrid?" Hiccup said.
"Yeah?"
"I never though I would say this but, I'm glad your my partner back there, if it wouldn't be you, I must be dead by now, I owe you my life." He said.

I can see his eyes was shimmering, showing how green and beautiful it is that I cannot take my gaze away from him.

"I...Its nothing." I said and just smiled.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Dong!

"Huh? Why is there a bell?" I asked.

"I think its something urgent." Hiccup replied.
"We better go now to make sure what it is." I said and stand up, Hiccup followed and we headed our way to the Great Hall.

Keep yourself away from him! He's dangerous to you!

Huh?