CHAPTER 7: Fire Emotions

"Astrid?" Called someone. I look up and saw Ruffnut riding a huge leaf while doing flips with it and stopped in front of me.

"Why are you here?" She asked sitting beside me.
I sighed, and just stare at my hands. Hoping she won't know how I'm feeling.
"You hiding something from me." She said. I look at her. How'd she know?

"How'd you..." I cut myself off, I almost slip.
"How'd I know your hiding something? Well, Earth summoners like me can read your thoughts, were connected to all things related to the earth and the nature, we can read their minds." She said and summon a flower in front of us.

"Oh.." I chirp, blushing in how stupid I am for trying to hide anything from her.
"You know, you can tell me anything, if you don't want your mind to be read." She said.
I smiled and nodded at her.
"So what is it?" She asked, placing a hand in my shoulder.

"Well...earlier in Nature class, Ms. Gertrude wants us to focus our powers on the plant she gave us, I tried my best to connect, but I can't, until she told me to focus and think of myself as the plant, until I can't control it and freeze it."

Ruffnut look at me and took off a glove off my hand. My hand was covered with something on it. Blue swirls and snowflakes were surrounding it, forming a dragon on my hand.

"Hmm...this looks weird." She said making an expression that I cannot even read, but its funny if you ask me.

"You know, why don't we place it on warm water, and we head to the cafeteria, we have to eat for strength." She said pulling me up to my feet.

"Let's go." She said and drag me back to the castle, or in other words the school.

***

After classes, I headed back to the house with Ruffnut and went inside my room to change.

I place the gloves down on the table together with the small orb and laid on my bed, looking at the ceiling that was decorated with snowflakes on it.

The binding of bonds were moved next week, cause we will be having a test, to make sure if one of us are ready to be bond with dragons that will be our guardian until the end of our lives.

I look at the window, feeling my chest was pounding, I'm scared, I felt my fingers shake as I remember the scene that happened earlier this morning, its really tragic, the most unbelievable thing that happened to my whole life.

I stand up, and went to the table, where a vase was placed. I reached for it, but when I reached the vase, it froze and made the whole of it freeze and scattered around the table and the rosebuds.

The ice scattered around the floor, freezing almost everything inside my room. The freeze hit the florescent chandeliers and it spark, and make it snow around my room just like what happened back in my room in aunt Mira's house.

At first I'm enjoying it, but right now, I'm afraid of using it again. I might cause harm to everyone here.

I look around, the only thing that wasn't frozen was the bed and the picture on the wall, where a royal family was. The king and queen with their two children.

I walk towards the portrait, and suddey the necklace I'm wearing suddenly glows.
"Whoa." I gasped and step away from the picture and the glowing stopped.
I sighed, looks like its forbidden to go near that picture.

I lean against the frozen wall, and another sheet of ice was scattered making the snow fall this time a bit faster than before. The ice scattered on the floor, creating snowflakes on the crystal floor.

"Oh...what is happening to me?" I cried and sat down on the icy floor, hugging my legs and cried silently.

***

Tap! Tap! Tap!

I lifted my head when I heard the knocking on the door.
"Who *snif* is it?" I asked wiping the tears off my face and stand up walking my way to the door and opened it and saw Hiccup standing there with an annoyed expression.

"Hiccup, what is it?" I asked him.

"Can you stop acting like a kid and grow up?" He said in a cold tone.
I was confused of his sudden actions. What's his problem anyway? Why is he cold at me right now? Did I do something?

"Uh...what are you talking about?" I asked him.
"That!" He snapped gesturing the whole of me.
I look down at me to see what he was trying to say, but see nothing but my feet.
I look up at him and his was rolling his eyes.
"What is your problem? Do you have some kind of disease that cannot be moved whatever you do?" He asked coldly again.

Okay, this is getting really too far of my comfort zone, is he yelling at me?
"Hey mister, what is your problem you just marched here and tell me those words? What did I do to you anyway?" I asked him.

"You don't know??" He asked in disbelief..
"How would I know? Why don't you tell me so I would rather know what your complaining??" I snapped.

He growled and marched away and into his room, slamming the door shut.

"Mean." I growled and slam my door shut. I went to my bed and laid there, trying to get some sleep to set myself away from my fears and irritation for a while.

***

I roll on my bed just to get myself tired, but it doesn't work, I tried doing flips or even hit my head on the wall, but it just made me have a bump that hurts so much!

Jumping off the bed, I made a cartwheel and laid on the frozen floor, hoping the ice can get me some sleep but nothing.

I look at the time to see it was already 10:30 in the evening, and I'm still awake.

"Ugh! Astrid, what are you doing? You should be sleeping by now." I groaned to myself.

Just then I remembered that whenever I have problems, I get to have an "awake all night syndrome".

Tap! Tap! Tap!

I got up in a timid way and opened the door, revealing Hiccup again, holding a glass of milk in his hands.
"What do you want again?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

He handed me the glass. "You need this." He said. "To make you fall asleep."

Huh? How'd he know I can't sleep? Is he a psychic or something?

But instead of hesitating I accepting his kind offer and smiled at him.
"Thanks." I chirped.
"Get some rest now, tomorrow were early for training." He said and headed his way to his room.

I drank the milk while closing the door and headed to my bed, completely confused of what was happening.

Earlier, Hiccup was really annoyed and all cold, but now he's all kind and he even gave me milk to help me get some sleep.

When I finished the milk, I place the glass on the side table and laid on my bed and stare at the ceiling, until I felt my eyelids were already falling and everything went black and I fell asleep.