CHAPTER 1: Where we begin...

"They say we are what we are...
But we don't have to be…"
By: Fall Out Boy
________________________

9 years later...

I watch as the rays of the sun hits the crystal pyramid that created a rainbow of colors around my room. I still don't know whether it was created by reaction or magic, I'm not even daring to ask someone, cause I know that it has its own explanation, not being created by a person who's not a hundred percent sure of it.

Tick tock tick tock

The sound of the clock was the only thing I hear right now as I stare at the crystal. As the crystal created dozens of colors, I felt something inside me was burning, like something inside me is waiting to be released and be let go. But I don't know what it is, like butterflies was swarming.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

A loud sound was heard by the door of my bedroom, followed by a very loud voice, yelling while keep on banging the door, making me loose the concentration I had on the crystal.

"Astrid! Get your ass out of there and prepare the breakfast!" The voice of my aunt came yelling outside while keep on calling my name.

A sigh escape my lips as I stand up and opened the door, revealing my aunt with an angry look on her face, like anytime she might kill me with that horrible face of hers.
"What are you still doing here? You should be preparing breakfast." Said my aunt in a high pitched tone that it almost made my ears broke.

"I woke up late." Was my excuse, which didn't work, she stomp her feet and pull me out of my room and push me to the kitchen where I find it dirty as ever.

"Hurry up! Howard and Kelly will be up in a minute, so you better do it fast." Ordered my aunt.

I quickly went to get a clean pan by the cabinets, turning the stove on and fry eggs, bacon, hotdogs and anything that can satisfy the breakfast appetite of this family whom I wasn't sure if my real relatives on the way they treated me like a slave.

While waiting for the toast, I clean the area, throwing the trash and sweeping the floors.

I served the breakfast I cooked on the table, where my uncle and cousin was sitting, waiting for the food.
"What took you so long to prepare?" Asked my cousin Kelly in an annoyed manner. I rolled my eyes secretly and turn to her.
"I woke up late, that's all."

She role her eyes, "whatever." And served herself with hotdogs and toast.

I watch as the family eat their breakfast. I held on my stomach, when I felt hunger.

"If you don't need anything anymore can I leave?" I asked trying to be polite. "Go, we don't need you anymore, just cook anything for yourself." Said uncle Howard and dismissed me.

I small smile stretched on my face and I headed to the kitchen, cooking just a hotdog and a little rice for me and I'm satisfied. I started cleaning the house after the family finished eating. Uncle Howard leaving for work, my aunt and cousin were with me, telling me orders that wasn't even included to what I should do, but I have to obey, or else I might get killed by their rants.

"Astrid, fetch me a glass of water please!" Kelly yelled from her room. I groaned, "can't you do it on your own?" I complained. Their orders are too much, can't they even get it on their own?