CHAPTER 18: Announcement

All of us were now gathered in the Great Hall. We were waiting for what the bell called us for. Everyone was curious except my housemates. Snotlout was looking at his handy mirror, admiring himself, Fishlegs was reading a book, the twins were arm wrestling to prove who among them was the strongest. Hiccup was just taking a nap beside me. I don't know what's gotten into him but he seems to be always beside me ever since we got home from the horror maze.

But who cares, at least were good friends now. I hope...

"Good evening students." A voice came. I turn my head to see headmaster Xavier. He was wearing a very wide smile on his face, like he just won something very wonderful that he hadn't got for along time.
"I gather you all today, to announce, that all of you had passed the test, and were allowed to visit the Dragon Caves, to find the dragon suitable for you, and be your companion." Said the headmaster.

Everyone gave a round of applause, hearing this very delighted news. I turn to my friends and congratulate them for their success. Hiccup had no emotion on his face again and just rested his elbows on the table while resting his head on his palms obviously taking this as just a normal news for him.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked him. Hiccup look at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?" He asked no emotion in his tone.
"Aren't you happy you passed?" I asked him. He just shrug his shoulders and just ignore me.

Here he goes again with his ice cold manner.

After a while, the headmaster dismissed us. We separate ways, since I still wanted to go at the garden, since its just about 5:00 in the afternoon, and I need fresh air.

When I reached the garden, the sight of beautiful kinds of flowers tinted in blue greeted me with their shimmering petals that look like crystals. I remembered when I arrived here, the castle of crystal, surrounded with crystal flowers that look like these.

I pick a blue rose from a patch and raise it to my nose to smell its sweet scent. I remember when I was just young, where my brother was still alive, every time we celebrate my birthday, he always give me a blue chain of fresh flowers coming from the meadow where our house was nearby. We always dance as he sings me my favorite song.

"In the meadows of green,
Where a princess had lived,
Her smiles light up the day, where little puppies play, under the shade of gray,
Where her love is stronger, that will last forever..."

Clap! Clap! Clap!

I turn around in surprise, and saw Hiccup there, sitting by the bench with a smirk on his face.
"Oh, its you." I said and walk towards the bench and sat down beside him.
"You got some singing there huh?" He said.
"Not really." I shrug.

"You know Astrid, its useless if you keep yourself to be away from those people around you, hiding isn't the best thing to do here." Hiccup said looking above the sky.
"I'm not hiding." I said.
"That's not what I meant of hiding." He said, this time looking down at me.