It's About Time

"How would you feel if I introduce Levy to her father?" Ely asked Kyle.

"That would be great. Josh have the right to Levy; the question is how would Levy feel?"

"We talked last night and...she's curious, she wanted to know who her father is?"

"And did you tell her it's Josh?"

"I told her that her father is somewhat famous, Levy didn't say anything except..."is that why you kept it a secret", I think Levy have an idea who her father is."

"Levy is a smart kid babe, when I'm talking to her I never thought she was just three years old. She thinks and talks older than her age."

"I don't know what will happen if I introduce her to Josh."

"What will happen is Levy will know her father, if you are afraid Josh will take levy from you...from us...I don't think he will do that. Josh can be annoying sometimes but he's not a bad person you know."

"I know that but..."

"But you are afraid that Levy would love her father because you know very well Josh is really a wonderful guy."

"I would be pleased if Levy will love her father and if they will have such bond like real father and daughter. But if I introduce Levy to Josh it would mean he will be a part of her life."

"He will be a part of our life and you can't stop that from happening Ely, every important people in your life knows Levy is Josh Scurlock's daughter, Levy needs to know and Josh deserve to have her daughter's affection."

Ely took a deep breath, she rest her back on the couch.

"Are you afraid that Josh will be a part of Levy's life or you are afraid that if it happens, you will somehow be connected to Josh?"

"Kyle please, it's been an exhausting months ever since I crossed paths with the famous Josh Scurlock, the last thing I wanted right now is someone who would add more torture in my mind."

"I am not torturing you, I'm just curious."

"And also, I don't need someone who will be jealous because seriously I am so sick of proving myself to you and to anyone. Josh Scurlock is my past and I am moving forward without him."

"Do you really love me Ely?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"It's a simple question with a simple yes or no answer."

"It is not that simple Kyle."

"And it is not that complicated either; they say action speaks louder than words. I can feel you love me Ely, I have no doubt about that."

"Then why do you need to ask?"

"Because sometimes, it's nice to hear you say it. I never heard you said it you know." Kyle gave Ely a very understanding look and a comforting smile.

Ely held Kyle's hand and said: "I love you Kyle, I really do."

"But..."

"There is no but Kyle."

"Actually there is..." Kyle plants a soft kiss on her knuckles "You love me but not as much as you loved Josh."

"Kyle..." Ely looked at Kyle, her eyes are pleading.

"Shhh." Kyle pulled her and kisses her on her forehead. "I understand, I know how you feel and I truly understand, remember when I told you I won't force you into anything?"

Ely had her eyes squint a little and said: "You are not so going to get laid tonight Kyle Hickman!"

Kyle laughs softly "No, of course not!" then he continue to laughs "I can't believe you've thought of that." He said and continue to burst into laughter.

"Oh please, stop laughing! I feel embarrassed already."

"I'm so sorry babe" Kyle plant another kiss on her knuckles "What I'm trying to say is..." He composed himself and said: "I will not force you to love me the way you loved Josh, I'm happy that somehow you managed to love me. It doesn't matter whether you loved him more than me. What matter is I have a place in your heart and you Elydia Reyes own this heart of mine." Kyle put his other hand on his heart "And that's what really matters, I love you so much that I'm after with your happiness before me."

Ely's eyes turned misty, she caresses Kyle's face and said: "What have I done to deserve you Kyle Hickman?" And then she smiled at him tenderly.

"That!" Kyle said "That smile of yours made you deserved me."

Ely hugged Kyle.

Kyle hugged her back, while he caresses her hair, he planted a very tender kiss on her head and whispered "I love you so much babe."

"I love you too Kyle." Ely answered.

THE NEXT EVENING:

Ely prepared a festive dinner; she will introduce Josh to Levy. She also prepared Levy for tonight occasion, Ely asked Kyle to accompany her, Kyle agreed. Everything was set, the food, the table, Levy is wearing a pink dress, and Kyle bought an expensive wine to celebrate the evening.

Ely's parents phoned her a while back and wished her and Levy good luck and her brother Errol said: "Things will turn out the way you planned." And the more the clock ticks for the final moment to come Ely can't help but wonder 'what if things don't turn out the way I wanted it to be?'

"Nervous?" Kyle asked her.

"A little" She said and gave Kyle her very timid smile.

Kyle caresses her back and said: "Things will be fine."

"Yeah" Ely said with nervousness.

Then the door bell rang!