Quick Sand

"What are you doing?" Tony asked while he looked at Ely firmly, Liza also plastered a serious look on her face.

"What?" Ely ignored her friends.

"You are playing with fire Ely." Tony said.

"Listen" Ely answered with a little bit of annoyance on her voice "I don't understand why you guys are acting this way. You kept on telling me to give Kyle a chance and now that I did you guys are acting really weird. I thought you don't like Josh?"

"When did we say we don't like Josh?" Liza replied.

"You told me to be careful, right!" Ely answered.

"I told you to be careful but not at the expense of Kyle." Liza said.

"What is wrong with you?" Ely is really annoyed.

"What is wrong with you?" Tony asked back. "We know Kyle loves you there is no doubt about that. And we also know Josh have a feelings for you, it's pretty obvious and neither of those men can make you happy, but the real question here is whom you will be happy?"

Ely has no response.

"Kyle is a good guy Ely" Liza continued Tony's speech "But it would be unfair for him if you are just using him to..."

Ely stopped Liza.

"I am not using Kyle for anything"

"And what about Josh?" Tony asks.

"What about him?" Ely answered.

"Don't do that!" Tony warned her "Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Ely raised her voice a little.

"THAT!" Both Tony and Liza warned her.

"What am I doing?" Ely is confused.

"Avoiding the topic." Tony answered.

"I am not!" Ely said.

"You answered question with questions, that's how you do it when you avoid the topic." Liza said.

"Oh, please!" Ely said.

"Just a piece of advice" Tony said "When you're playing with fire you will be hurt."

"And don't tell us we didn't warn you" Liza repeat her famous line again.

THE NEXT DAY:

Ely told her family she answered Kyle, its official Kyle is her boyfriend.

"What about Josh?" Her brother Errol asked.

Ely rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes on us Elydia!" Mr. Reyes said.

"Dad please...Josh has got nothing to do with me."

"He's the father of your child Elydia!" Mrs. Reyes butts in.

"Mom! Dad! You are freaking out! You keep on calling me by my full name, and how did you know Josh is Levy's father?"

"Errol told us" Mr. Reyes replied.

Ely looks at her brother her eyes are telling 'Great!' Errol seems to read what's on her mind.

"I thought it would be for the best if I tell our parents." Errol explained.

"I can't believe you hide it from us Elydia." Mrs. Reyes is really upset.

"Mom, I'm sorry, please stop calling me Elydia." She turns her eyes to her father and said "You too Dad, and the reason why I kept it a secret was because...I was afraid of your reactions and I never thought you will meet Josh. Who would have thought?"

"But we did!" Mr. Reyes said "And we kind of liked him."

"Oh, please Daddy! You said you liked Kyle."

"That was before we met Josh!" Mrs. Reyes butts in again. "Now that we know Josh we all think it would be better if you're going to be with him. Besides, he's the father of your child, you should be with him!"

"Mom, this is the 20th century, the world is no longer the same when you and Dad were young."

"Elydia, where we came from, you gave yourself to only one and you marry that man first before you surrender yourself."

"Mommy, this is America not Philippines!"

"I don't like the saying when you're in Rome, you do what the Romans do." Errol said.

"Coming from a guy who believed in one night stand, I don't think I should trust your judgment Kuya." (KUYA is a term we Filipino use to call our eldest brother)

"I'm a guy Ely, you're a woman"

"Please Kuya, it's not like I'm sleeping with every man I meet. And even if I do, and I am not saying I am but I'm saying if I do there is nothing wrong with that, so please stop being judgmental."

"We are not judging anyone here." Mr. Reyes said "It's just that if there is a way to stick with our Filipino values why not. There is nothing wrong with that and you have the power to stick with that values Ely."

Ely took a deep breath and said: "Josh is out of the question."

"I don't think so." Mrs. Reyes said "He's courting you; it would be up to you."

"When will you tell Levy?" Errol asked.

"I told her already." Ely answered.

"And what's her reaction?"

"She likes Kyle; they get along pretty well, so, I don't think there would be a problem."

"I didn't mean Kyle, I mean when will you tell my niece Josh is her father?"

Ely didn't answer. That is her struggle at the moment. Sooner or later Levy will know and she have no idea how her child will handle the truth.

Thank you so much for the patience readers, wattpad said it's been eleven days since i updated. Well...a bit early considering how busy i am. But if you guys remembered how fast i used to update you'll hate me for not updating that much. It used to be twice a week and now things have change. I have my reasons, personal reasons in which i know you will understand even if i don't elaborate. I just wanted to thank you guys for not giving up on Ely and Josh. 

So...i leave you now with the new update, hope you will enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much.