Josh & Ely (Part 2)

Ely didn't know how to answer Josh, she can sense the anger from Josh, if she deny about Levy she felt that Josh would be more angry because one thing is for sure, when it comes to Levy, Josh is confident, he would never asks questions if Josh never had that feeling called sense of connection.

But then, Ely refused to give Josh a straight answer.

"Why the sudden interest?" Ely said.

"Jersey" Josh said.

"Oh, and it's supposed to mean anything?"

"Why do you answer my question with question?"

"Because, I don't want to answer them."

"Alright" Josh said, he puffs another smoke.

 "Please go!" Ely said in a cold manner.

Josh walks towards her, he throws his cigarette.

"I'll leave if you agreed to have dinner with me."

"But..."

"No buts beautiful and I wouldn't take no for an answer."

Then Josh went inside, Ely was left confused. She catch her breath, her heart is pounding. Josh knows about Levy, maybe there is hesitation on Josh part because she didn't confirm anything but the way Josh react...its obvious Josh know. Not to mention Levy confirmed she was conceived in Jersey.

'That child, why does she have to be talkative?' Ely rushed inside, she thought of scolding Levy for talking too much.

But when she entered, she saw Josh continue to have breakfast with Levy.

"Mommy look!" Levy showed her the little stuffed bear Josh gave to her.

Ely smiled uncomfortably, how she can reprimand her little Levy, it's not her fault. She was the one who lied about her father if Levy knew she would have never said anything about Jersey.

"That is so cute sweetheart" Ely smiled "Did you say thank you?"

"Yes I did" Levy didn't take her smile off her face "What should I call Mr. Scurlock mommy he's your friend right?"

Ely didn't know how to answer, Josh saves her.

"You can call me Dad or Papa if you want to."

Ely gave Josh a warning look; Josh gave her a much more warn in his look.

"I can't call you Papa because I called Mr. Hickman, Papa Kyle." Levy said.

Josh glared at Ely, she holds her daughter hand.

"You are talking too much sweetheart, are you finished with your breakfast?"

"Yes Mommy, bye Mr. Scurlock thanks for the teddy."

"Please call me Josh." He brushes his hand on Levy's hair.

"That would be disrespectful if I call you with your first name." Levy said.

"Then call me Daddy Josh."

Ely stops Josh "I think you should leave."

Josh took a deep breath, he look at Ely and then turn his look on Levy and said.

"You will see me more often kiddo."

Levy's answer is a sweet smile; Josh smiled back and then he turns to Ely.

"Her smile reminds me of your smile in Jersey."

Ely didn't answer, she glared at Josh and walk towards the main door and open it. Before Josh went outside he said to Ely:

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at eight" Josh look at his watch "And I don't want you to be late, I hate it when I pick up women for a date and she will said five more minutes, then it turn out it's more than five minutes and I don't like to wait."

"GO!" Ely stops Josh from anything else he would say.

Josh walks outside; before Ely can close the door he turned around and rests his hand on the door jamb, he looks at Ely firmly while his eyebrows are furrowed and his eyes squinting.

"Can I ask you something Ely?" He said

"What?" Ely crossed her arms as she frowned.

"Why are you playing hard to get?"

Ely slammed the door on his face.