Break It To Me Gently

Ely called Kyle quickly when she arrived home. She asks Kyle if they could have dinner, Kyle agreed and made a reservation at Alexandra's Kitchen. Kyle picked her up later that evening.

They had a lovely romantic dinner, after dinner Kyle asks Ely if she wants to go someplace else, like watching a movie or stayed in the park, Ely said no, Kyle decided to drive her to her place. On their way home at Ely's place, Ely stopped Kyle and ask him to pull over.

"Is there something wrong?" Kyle asks, he looks at her worried.

"Take me to your place" Ely said quickly.

"Because..." Kyle answered with a confused look and confused tone on his voice.

"Don't you want me to sleep at your place tonight, Levy is with his father and I'm free." Ely gently caress Kyle's arms, that was really bold and she's hoping that Kyle get the message.

"That's a good idea but no." Kyle starts the car again and drives it to the path that leads to her house.

Ely didn't say another word, even until they reached her place. Kyle opens the car door for her. She walks quickly straight to her porch then put the key on the door. She went inside and throws her purse in the center table as she sits vigorously on the couch.

Kyle is just watching her actions as he followed her. He followed her in the living room after he closed the front door. Ely's mouth twisted into a grimace. Kyle put his hands on his pocket, he drew breath and said:

"I can see you're upset"

"Glad you noticed" Ely smiled sarcastically.

"Okay" Kyle moves and sat on the center table facing Ely, then he barely tapped both Ely's knees and asks "You wanna talk about it?"

"You wanna talk about it" Ely imitates Kyle.

Kyle laughs softly. He rests his hands on her thighs then drew his breath again; there was a moment of silence. Kyle stared at Ely as she kept her grimace.

Kyle wanted to hug Ely, comforts her, the idea of a sleep over in his place excites him. It indicates intimacy.

They been together for months now and the most intimate thing he had done with Ely was a peck of a kiss on her forehead and cheeks and a smooch on her lips.

Ely never initiate anything and so does he, he respect Ely so much that he can't force her to anything. Then suddenly she wants a sleep over. Something must be really wrong.

"You know I hate to say this but you're acting weird?" Kyle broke the silenced.

"And since when wanting to sleep with you become weird." Ely answered, she's still in a huff.

"Since you came back early from your trip." Kyle crossed his arms over his chest as he stretched his back while he continues his sentence "And you came back without Levy."

"Please Kyle, don't start." Ely pleads "I'm too tired for that?"

"You've been quiet at dinner." Kyle moves beside her on the sofa. "You barely touch your food." He rests his other arm on the backrest of the couch where Ely's back is rested. He stared at Ely and said "then suddenly you want a sleep over not just a sleep over but you wanted to sleep with me."

Ely turn her eyes onto his as if she wanted to protest but Kyle didn't give her the chance he continues to talk. "Not to mention your throwing tantrums, it's not the kind of you who would throw tantrums just because I don't like the idea of sleeping with you."