10. Meeting Mark

There I was... eating across the famous "Mark" it was awkward, I felt so out of place, but luckily Levi sat next to me, it felt weird announcing my relationship with Levi since Mark was here, it was more of a 'parent met boyfriend' not 'parent coworker meet coworkers sons boyfriend', but I needed to make it official with my mom so gonna do it anyway.

"So" mom and I spoke in unison.
"You go, first mom"
"No, you first" mom rapidly shook it off.
"It's ok you go" I insisted and she took a deep breath, then grabbed Mark's hand and smiled at me.
"Mark and I are dating," she said with confidence and tighten her grip, he smiled, I felt my chin being rose.
"Well isn't that lovely, congratulations," Levi said pinching my thigh under the table so I could come back to earth.
"We also have an announcement" I turned and looked into his eyes, he was standing proud and confident contrary to me who probably looked like a deer in a headlight, I couldn't process what was going on.
"We are also dating," he said and kissed my head, my mom squealed and shot up to hug me, she did hug me while I was still sitting down, I hugged her back but I wasn't responding.
"Oh my! Oh my! Sweetie that's amazing!" She pulled me out of my chair and squeezed the life out of me.
"M-mo-om can't breath" she let go and had the sweetest smile on her face then I felt bad for not being as happy as her when she told me about her relationship, but I was jealous...

-
"What's wrong?" Levi asked nudging my side while we washed the dishes, a sigh left my mouth.
"Well... How can I say it, I'm bummed... that my mom was happy and approving of our relationship but I..."
"You weren't as ecstatic as her" he cut me off.
"It was that obvious?" I asked while drying the dishes with a clean rag.
"Yep" he popped the 'p's, I looked down gosh I was an ass, we continued till everything was put away and I leaned on the sink.
"Hey" Levi hugged me, kissing my forehead, I felt a lump in my throat and guilt build up.
"Don't make a fuss your mom understands that you don't want her to suffer and that you are just being a mama's boy" I tried laughing a bit at the last part.
"Your right" I agreed and half-smiled.
"What? That you are a mama's boy?" He raised an eyebrow, I lightly hit him and laughed.
"No. The part where I just don't want my mom to get hurt, when she was with dad she seemed dull and when he left I saw her suffer then saw her become what she is today, I just want her going through that again, I know she is a grown woman who can make her choice of who to date but I don't know it's just so sudden" I gave him a wide smile and laced my fingers on the loops of Levi's pants and pulled him to kiss me.

"Hey, kiddos! Do you upps!" Me and Levi's lips parted and my eyes widen.
"Mom" I simply said and she laughed.
"Oh come on, why so embarrassed? If your dating it's obvious there will be kisses" she lightly laughed.
"And other stuff" she added in a low tone.
"Mom!" I felt my face go red and my mom laughed, looking at Levi he was having fun watching my mom embarrass me.
"Anyway" my mom continued "I was going to ask if you guys wanted to watch a movie"
"Of course I'll go pick it out" Levi gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and left to the living room, leaving me and my mom alone in the kitchen.
"So I'll make some popcorn," I said after a while of just standing there awkwardly.
"Sure I'll get some other goodies from the cabinets" I simply nodded and she got everything.
"You're not happy I can tell" my mom broke the ice, I turned to face her, and even though she had a small smile I knew her too well to know she was hurt, I had hurt her feelings.
"It is not like that," I told her with a frown.
"I know he is a good guy hate to admit it, I can see it in his eyes, not even dad looks at you the way he does, but... I'm just worried because it has only been you and me up until now and now it's you, Mark, Levi, and me it is just a lot to process, but don't think I'm not happy because I am, I really am mom, just I don't want you to get hurt and lose yourself when you had struggled to become who you are now" I had tears rolling down my cheeks only noticing them when mom wiped them away, she smiled at me with what I could guess can be taken as proud.
"My son, now I know raised you right, I know you are afraid for my behalf but you shouldn't be it's my job love, I wouldn't even have mention Mark to you if I didn't want something more, I want to grow old with him, I feel complete as a woman with him, not that I need a man to survive but I feel complete with him, I understood over the years that being a woman and a mother is not the same and have different needs"
"Mom!" I scrunched up my nose imagining those 'needs' she rolled her eyes and smacked my arm.
"It is not always sex! It having someone there to hold you tight and make sure you are okay, needs like a kiss or a hug, a simple stare or even just being with someone next to them that's what I needed and I know you have that with Levi that's why I'm tranquil and relieved that you found him I know he loves you" she smiled and I hugged the only women whom I am willing to give her everything, who deserves everything, who means everything to me, she hugged me back and softly brushed my back hair, doing it so I would calm down and it works every time.
"Shit come on the guys are waiting" she let go of me and I smiled, peace settled in me, in my heart, I trusted mom and if she said it was okay I would believe her and if something goes wrong I have her back; she went ahead as I composed myself, slapping my cheeks a few time I walked towards the living room and there I saw what I yearned for years, a family, don't get me wrong mom and I were a perfectly good family but something seeing all of them together made it have a home vibe to it, a really good one.
"Come on babe stop spacing out I want to watch the movie" Levi patted the place next to him and I smiled and went as commanded, he placed his arm around me and kissed my temple, Mark put the movie and blabbered about random facts, mom laughed and I did too, it was perfect, I'm glad mom met Mark.
"You ok?" Levi asked looking at me.
"Yeah I'm ok" I smiled.