03. Dinner time

Moments later I last text him I began to clean my room, really cleaning it, you might ask why? or not... but, maybe it's that once every blue moon that I get motivation from some weird energy in the universe that decided to help me with this mere task.
I cleaned my bookshelf, well dusted it first as a thin layer had collected, fixing my books from tallest to shortest but some tall ones were pretty wide... it didn't seem right so I ordered them by how wide they were took some steps back to admire my shelf and it looked marvelous.

"Good job to me" patting myself in the shoulder to praise my wonderful job, getting my phone out and snapped a picture of it, edited it and saved it,probably posting it later or not depends if I remember.

During that time I was washing my bed covers not that they're necessarily stinky, no-no, you see there are little critters that adore eating humans dead skin so it is good to wash them regularly so they die or that's what mom says and I believe anything that woman says. I also wiped down all my room furniture while the bedding was doing it cycle, then I heard mom come inside from the front door, I could hear the clacking of her Keyes getting into the assigned hook for them, the taking off her heels and placing them besides the door frame.
"Hey mom" I waved at her as I walked into the dining room.
"Hi, darling how was school?" My mom asked rubbing the back of her neck while stretching it side to side, poor mom working so hard ever since dad left us, she had taken both roles and is doing awesome with them but it exhausted to be a mom and a dad at the same time, Im aware of that and I pity her reason why I try to be a good kid with her by not giving her trouble and helping around the house as much as I can even if she says not to because I should be prioritizing other things like school and such, she has a lot on her plate for me to be a naggy brat; I looked at her as she pulled out a chair and sat on it, walking towards her, standing behind her I started massaging her neck and shoulders, to which she made a weird happy noise.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked my tired mom after a few minutes, placing my chin on her head and hugging her neck, I could smell her green tea shampoo along with some hair spray, I knew mom did extra work, therefore, her tired state, though I don't understand why to work more, we do perfectly fine with what she earns normally at the Beauty salon she works at.

"Anything is fine, just don't go all master chef please" I laughed at her request and kissed the top of her head.
"I'll try my best" I briefly hugged her one last time and went to the kitchen, I guess could make vegetable soup, it's not that hard to make and is nutritious and stomach filling, I started to get the vegetables from the refrigerator, but my phone indicated I had a message.

•are you done?

•no I'm about to cook for my mom
But I did clean my room :)

I washed the vegetables, then got a cutting board and a knife, I peeled  some carrots and potatoes, then diced them along with the other vegetables, I got a pot from the bottom kitchen shelf and rinsed it, placing it on the stove starting the fire adding some olive oil to heat with it.

• what are you making?

•vegetable soup

•so you cook?

• I try :/ I know the basics but some things are more
complicated.

• it's alright not everybody knows
how to cook like a pro.

•if you say so...

I began by cooking all the veggies I had after rough chopping them into cubes at a medium fire, stirring while I placed some different seasonings to make it more flavorful, once they got all nice and soft, grabbing the emulsion blender for one of our drawers, also getting about 2 cups of veggie broth, poured into the pot I covered it with the top and waited for it to simmer a bit before I could blend it.