❦ Chapter 12 - Happy

[Melody's POV]

I woke up the next morning and saw Jinxx asleep next to me.

That's when I remembered everything, and sighed.

Its hard to believe, that he possibly could actually be my biological father.

It hurts knowing that my mother didn't even care enough to tell him I existed, that she cared more about drugs than me.

I got up from the bed, pulling the covers over him to let him sleep, and walking out to see Ashley and CC looking through the room service menu.

They looked up at me and Ashley was the first to speak.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I said.

"How do you feel?" CC asked.

I sighed and shrugged. "Shocked, obviously. But... I'll be okay," I said.

"We're here if you ever need someone to talk to," Ashley said. "Andy's proven to be pretty philosophical when he isn't getting himself hurt."

I laughed softly. "Thanks," I smiled.

"Tell you what. Go ahead, order whatever you want from room service, and then we can do someting before leaving back to Los Angeles. Whatever you want," he said, handing me the room service book. "Jinxx will kill me if I don't feed you something."

I laughed and nodded my head as I just got the book and looked through it.

Once I picked my breakfast, french toast with some poached egg and a small bowl of oatmeal with fruit and some orange juice, Ashley went to put in the order.

"Wait, what about my... father?" I asked, still getting used to word.

"Don't worry, we already know what everyone wants. Usually half the buffet goes to Andy, Jake gets something healthy, CC gets sugary stuff, and Jinxx and I get whatever," he said.

I nodded and went to get ready for the day.

Hmmm.... I should get new clothes. The ones I have are already old and worn, aside from my jeans and my favorite casual mint green dress. Maybe Dad and Ashley can help.

I chose a simple black tank top and some skinny jeans and my flats.

Once I was showered and dressed I got out of the bathroom to find my breakfast here.

"Hey, Mel, sit down and eat up," Ashley said.

I nodded and sat down, placing the clothed napkin on my lap.

Soon Dad was awake.

"Good morning," he yawned.

"Good morning," we said in unison as I sprinkled some pepper on my eggs.

He then spotted me and sat down as I looked at him.

"You okay?" he asked.

I nodded. "Still shocked, but, I'll be okay," I said. "And in case you're wondering, I'll do it. I'll do the DNA test."

His eyebrows scrunched. "Really?"

I nodded. "I don't want you to get in trouble. And.... I always wanted to know my biological family, or at least be happy with the family who takes me in."

"And your mom?" He asked.

I sighed. "Life gives you many disappointments to face.... Knowing my mother gave me up for drugs is just one of them," I said. "But, I don't have to worry about her. I have you, and many uncles."

He smiled. "You grew up very wise, Melody," he said.

I blushed and smiled.

"Now, eat up. We got to get to our errands before we hit the road," he said.

I nodded and started to eat my breakfast

Once we were all done, we got out things and left to the mall.

[Jinxx's POV]

Ashley and I decided to go buy Melody some new clothes.

Considering he's fashion smart, I had him tag along to help out.

While Ashley helped her pick out some shoes, I got a number to a clinic in Los Angeles to schedule an appointment for me and Melody.

"This Saturday? Perfect. Thank you," I said, hanging up as I turned to see Melody trying on a pair of brown combat boots.

"Good?" Ashley asked.

She smiled and nodded, then looked over to where they had Converse.

"What?" he asked as I walked over and then she got up, walking over and picked out a pair of mint green high tops.

"If its not too much to ask... Can we also take these, please?" she asked. "They're my favorite color."

I couldn't help but smile, and nodded before Ashley spoke.

"Sure. Get your size. I'll pay for them myself," I said.

She smiled happily before rushing over and hugging me.

"Thank you so much," she said as she sat down to try them on.

"She seems happy, even after what she was told," Ashley said.

"Thing is... All she wanted was a family to be happy with. If she's happy, then I'm happy," I said.

He nodded. "You made the call?" he asked.

I nodded.

"And you're sure she could be yours?" He asked.

"I doubt she's anyone else's daughter," I said.

Once we bought all we needed and Melody had a good amount of new clothes, we left and soon we were on the road home, watching movies in the lounge room.

I then saw as Melody fell asleep in my arms and smiled, hugging her and leaning down to kiss her head.

I'm gonna make sure you're always happy. That is a promise.

~~~~~~~

Hope you all love the story.

Be sure to leave a comment below letting me know what you think. ☆

♡~ sapphire.