❦ Chapter 4 - Adoption?

*Melody*

"Wake up, ladies! Many adoption meeting today for girls!!" one of the assistants said.

"Who's up first?" one girl, Dana, asked as I yawned and sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes.

"Ummm.... Melody," she said, reading the list, then reading the rest of the list.

I'm surprised I'm first, but I got up and started to get ready nonetheless, showering and brushing my hair.

I wore my dress with little pink flowers, a longsleeved sweater, and my brown boots, and a black hairband in my dark brown hair.

I then walked over to the meeting room and knocked before entering.

*Travis*

"Well, she looks like him," Autumn said as I held the picture of Melody. "But I'm sure the rest is from her mother."

We had found information of Melody Antoinette Hayes in an orphanage outside of Des Moines.

We scheduled to meet her and get to know her a bit, obviously getting the information under Jeremy's name, and Alice as an emergency contact.

"She has his eyes, that is for sure," I said.

Just then there was a knock at the door and it opened, revealing a pair of familiar blue eyes.

"Umm, hello," she greeted as she entered.

She was small, too.

"You must be Melody. Its nice to meet you," Autumn greeted. "I'm Autumn, and this my brother, Travis. We're here for the actual guy who wants to adop you, our brother Jeremy."

"He's out of town at the moment, so we're filling in for him at the moment," I said.

"Its alright. Its nice to meet you, Miss Autumn, and Mister Travis, sir," she greeted politely.

How polite.

"You can drop the misses, sweetie. We're most likely gpnna be your aunt and uncle anyways, so that's fine," she smiled.

Melody nodded as we all took a seat.

"So, tell us about yourself?" I said.

She tells us how she loves classical music and rock music, how she's fascinated by exotic animals, plays violin, and loves reading and history, loves the Victorian era and so much more.

She is a lot like Jeremy, its like a mini female version of him as a teen.

"So, what bands do you like?" She asked.

"Hmm... not really into all of those bands in any genre, but I do like Tchaikovsky and Mozart for classical, and for rock I'm more into Elvis Presley or Marilyn Manson," she said. "I have been listening to this female violinist, Lindsey Sterling. She's very good."

"So, you never heard or a band called Black Veil Brides?" she asked.

She just scrunched her eyebrows. "Am I supposed to?"

"No, just wondering,"she shrugged.

"Oh. Then no, I've never heard of them. But I'll be sure to check them out when I can," she said.

We nodded as I then spoke. "Well, you seem like a lovely young lady, and even though our brother can't make it, we'll be taking you in until he arrives," I said. "He can sign when he comes back."

"Wait, so, I-I'm going with you?" She asked.

Autumn smiled. "Yes you are," she said.

"T-Thank you, so much," she said.

"No need to thank us. Just go pack your things, we'll wait here and talk with the headmistress," I said.

She nodded and nodded again in thanks before hurrying out the room.

"Well?" She asked.

I sighed. "Its just like talking to a female version of Jeremy," I said.

"Right?" she said. "And there's no saying she's faking it, she hasn't even heard of Black Veil Brides."

"By me, no need for a paternity test," I said.

"That's all up to him," She said.

~~~~

Picture: What Melody wore