❦ Chapter 48 - Video Calls

*Melody*

My father and mother have already been gone for almost two weeks, and will soon return in a few days.

I continued with my studies as well as recording with Mister Jake for Mystic Blood.

Father had already taught me how to compose so I managed to jot down some notes that I thought sounded good.

Titles, of course, were a little difficult.

"Alright, let's give it another go with that chorus, Mini Jinxx," Jake said from outside the sound booth into the mic as he and Inna sat at the controls.

I nodded and position my violin before rereading the notes, then nodding to cue the music.

Once I heard the beat I started to play the notes of the chorus.

I played for a minute before stopping and Mister Jake cuts the music.

"Alright, beautiful, as usual. We're gonna let your dad review it once he's back, so let's take a lunch break before starting cello," he said into the mic.

"Okay," I said, setting my violin and bow down in its case, and taking my headphones off before exiting, Ernie immediately trying to happily pounce on me.

"Ernie!" Miss Inna scolded and I giggled as I greeted him, and he rolled over to get a belly rub from me.

"I swear, Ernie always acts like he met you for the first time," Mister Jake laughed as I stood up and joined them by the controls when Mister Jake's phone rang.

"Hey, Mini Jinxx, its your dad," He smiled, handing me the phone and having me see it was a video call.

I smiled and answered, seeing my father's face pop up.

"Hey honey," he smiled.

"Hello, Father," I smiled. "How's Spain?"

"Its amazing! I gotta bring you here one day, you'll love it," he said. "Especially the theaters."

"What are they like?" I asked curiously.

"Just breathtaking. The designs and architecture is amazing, and the shows are good, too," he said.

"Sounds amazing. How's Alice?" I asked.

"She's great. Unfortunately today is a morning sickness day, so she's resting before we just go to lunch by the pier," I said.

"Aww. I hope she feels better soon," I said. "Father, I managed to compose some songs for Mystic Blood and recorded some parts today. Mister Jake will have them ready for you to review them when you return."

"Hey, come on, Uncle Jake works for me," Mister Jake laughed. "Or Godfather, too."

"Godfather? Who, pray tell, gave you that title?" Father laughed on the phone.

"Since I saved your butt from drowning in Australia and we ended up on TV," Mister- or I guess Uncle- Jake said proudly.

".... Wait a minute, you didn't save me, you just swam by yourself back to the shore and just bragged to the TV crew when interviewed while the lifeguard pulled me to shore barely conscious on his surfboard!!!" he argued, my eyes widening.

"Oh, same thing. You still lived," Uncle Jake scoffed with an eye roll as I giggled, Aunt Inna laughing as well as she playfully smacked his shoulder.