❦ Chapter 8 - Meeting the Band

[Melody's POV]

The next morning we packed our things and got ready to leave.

"Thank you so much, Momma Jinxx," I said as I hugged my new grandmother.

"It was nothing, sweetheart. It was lovely meeting you and to have you in the family," she said.

We hugged again before I pulled away and hugged Aunt Autumn and Uncle Travis.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Dont worry, sweetheart," Aunt Autumn said. "Just glad to call you one of us."

Soon we said our goodbyes and went to Jinxx's car.

"You ready?" Jinxx -or Dad- smiled.

I nodded. "Absolutely."

***

[Jinxx's POV]

"So, what are the other band memebers like?" she asked.

I shrugged. Like any rock star, I guess. You'll love them, and they are great, mellow guys," I said, sliding in my room key and opening the doo-

"QUICK THERE IT GOES!!!!" I heard CC screamed as a shoe suddenly flew across the room and I look to see CC on the kitchen counter, Ashley with a can of Raid, and Andy throwing things.

"TRY THE VASE OVER THERE!!" Ashley shouted, throwing a boot and then a full can of beer.

Melody looked surprised as i pinched the bridge of my nose. "Like I said... Rockstars..."

Suddenly a spider scurried across the room and CC screamed and jumped up on top of the fridge.

Melody just walked over and knelt down, holding her hand out to it.

"What the fuck?!" Ash said.

"Melody, be careful!" I said, surprised at her actions.

"Its okay," she said as the spider crawled up on her hand and she cradled it in both hands as it perched there.

"Holy shit," Andy snapped. "First time I don't see a girl scream from seeing a spider."

Melody looked up at Andy. "He's just a harmless little guy. See?"

Andy looked like a bomb dropped in front of him as soon as Melody looked up. The guys looked shocked, too.

"Whoa..." CC said as they looked up at me and back at Melody.

"You know, I'll never understand what's so scary about them," she said, admiting the little spider as it remained perched on her arm, then trailed to her wrist.

"Guys, this is Melody. I adopted her," I said.

"Wait, you adopted a kid?" Ashley said.

"Its a long story, but, yes. Melody will be staying with us until we get home that she's staying with me," I said.

"Its nice to meet you all," Melody greeted.

"Wow, she looks a lot li-"

Jake let out a loud cough and gave a waved a hand across his neck to signal CC to shut up.

Melody turned and Jake acted normal.

"Are you okay, Jake?" she asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Just a tickle in my throat," He said.

"I can get you a glass of water after I find a safe place for this little guy," She said as she looked down at the spider as it crawled to the top of her hand.

"Ew ew ew ewwww its blinked at me!!!!!" CC screeched, hiding behind Ashley.

"He's not gonna hurt you, see?" Melody said, showing the spider a bit closer, CC screaming bloody murder and running to the bedroom, slamming the door shut and leaving the DO NOT DISTURB sign swaying left and right

"He's such a strange man," Melody said, looking up at me.

"You don't even know the half of it," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Hey, ummm, Melody, right?" Andy  asked, earning a nod. "Okay, how about you go find a new home for your little 8 legged demon friend, and then we can all have a pizza for dinner."

"Okay. Nice to meet you all," she smiled and went out the room."

That's when Ashley stood in front of me, both with arms crossed and a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, talk," Andy said.

"Explain why you bought home a much miniature version of yourself?" Ashley asked.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at the short emphasis. "Okay, her name is Melody, her mom is a crack head junkie I hooked up with at a party in high school, who ended up knocked up and leaving our kid in an Iowan orphanage so there's a chance she is my daughter," I said.

"Wow.... And then you judge the chicks I sleep with," Ashley debated.

"Jake, you owe me and CC $50," Andy said.

Jake lifted his arms up in protest.

"And does she know anything about you possibly being her biological father?" Ashley asked.

"Well.... Not exactly..." I said.

"Geez, Jinxx, how the hell are you gonna tell the kid?" Andy asked.

"I don't know, but I promise, I'll think of something," I said.

Andy sighed. "She looks A LOT like you. And she's got some guts grabbing a spider like that."

"No kidding," I said.

CC then emerged from the room.

"Is it gone?" he asked.

"Yes, Melody went to set it free," I sighed.

"Should have just killed it. Jesus Jinxx, couldn't you have adopted a bunny or kitten lover?" He whined. "Now, what did I miss?"

This going to be a loooong remaining week of tour.

~~~~~~~

Decided to add some humor. :)