❦ Chapter 34 - Ransom

*Tahlia*

I finished putting my hair up, things already packed, when I realized Melody wasn't back yet.

I frowned and looked around to see if she was talking to someone but she wasn't.

"Hey, Stella, have you seen Melody?" I asked.

"Didn't she go to the bathroom?" She asked, tying her hair in a ponytail.

"Yeah, that was more than 15 minutes ago," I said.

"Come on, maybe she fell sick or something like last time," Aylin said.

"I doubt it. She looked perfectly fine," Bella said.

"Let's still check, just in case," I said, motioning them to follow.

"Everything okay?" Julio asked as we passed him.

"Melody's not back," I said.

"I'll look around the music room, maybe she's helping someone," He said.

I nodded as me and the girls stepped out.

We exit the room, Bella following, and head to the girls bathroom, seeing an out of order sign on it.

"Weird... I used this bathroom not even half an hour ago, that wasn't up,"  Bella said.

"She must have gone to the one near the staircase then," I said, and we went down the hall to the other bathroom.

"Hey, Melody, are you-?" I started to ask as we walked in, but then I froze in the spot at what I saw.

The bathroom was empty, but one of the mirrors were broken and shards were everywhere, and smears of blood pooled on the floor.

"What the hell?!" Stella gasped.

"Melody?!" I said, quickly looking through the stalls, the twins helping when suddenly Aylin picked something up.

"Melody's phone," Aylin said.

"Something's really wrong," Stella said, nervously.

"We need to find her parents," Aylin said.

I nodded as I tried to calm down.

"Aylin, tell the others and Miss Fleur what's going on. Twins, come on," I said as we hurried out.

*Jinxx*

We waited around for everyone to come out, as well as for me and Alice to share with Melody and the others our surprise.

"Melody is an awesome singer," Andy said.

"She is! I was actually surprised," Jake said. "Never took her as one."

"Me neither. She did amazing," I smiled, when suddenly we saw Tahlia and the twins run up to us.

"Mister Ferguson!!" She screamed in panic. "Mister Ferguson, something happened!!"

"Tahlia? Tahlia, calm down, what happened?" I said as Alice and Inna helped calm Stella and Bella down.

"M-Melody, she-she..." Tahlia stuttered.

"Wait, what happened to Melody?!" I asked, now worried.

"She's missing!" She exclaimed.

"Missing? Missing how!?" I asked as the guys crowded around.

"S-She went to use the bathroom, but there was an out of order sign, and-and when she never came back we went to look for her, we went to look in the other bathroom, a-and her phone was tossed aside, and-and blood was everywhere, and a mirror broken was smaahed too!!" She said, tears streaming down her cheek.

"Come on, let's get her teacher," Alice said.

"We'll all look around the school just in case," Jake said.

"Alright, please, let me know of you find anything," I said and the four of them take off as Tahlia's parents walked up to us.

"Jinxx, is everything alright?" Tahlia's mother asked she and her husband walked up to us.

"Tahlia, why are you crying?" Her father asked.

I was going to respond but then my phone rang.

I looked and saw it was a private number.

I frowned and answered. "Hello?"

"We have your daughter," A disguised voice said, and I froze.

Alice, Inna, Juliet, the twins, Tahlia and her parents watched as I quickly got Alice's phone and pressed record for the call.

"Who the fuck are you, WHERE'S MELODY!??" I sneered.

"Bring $100,000 cash to Carter Park tomorrow night, by the statue, and you can have her back, or she dies," the voice said before hanging up.

I looked down at the call as Alice took her phone and played the recording for us.

"Oh my god," she said, covering her mouth as tears flooded her eyes.

"I'm calling the police," Tahlia's father said as I controlled my breathing.

"MELODYYYYY!!!" I screamed out loud, scaring everyone as Alice tried to calm me down.

Not my daughter.... Please, not my daughter.....

~~~~~

Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! 🌺

📻Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Clean Bandit ft. Ellie Goulding "Mama"

♡~ sapphire.