❦ Chapter 25 - Scares

☡Warning: Hospital room scenes ahead.

~~~~~

*Jinxx*

We walked into the room and I was shocked by what I saw.

Melody's small figure laid on the hospital bed, looking pale and weak, her eyes closed as a nurse examined her. Her right hand had gauze wrapped around it, and she had an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose.

"Are you Melody Ferguson's family?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes, oh god, Melody," I said as we rushed over.

I held Melody's hand as her eyes slowly opened.

"Father," she smiled weakly.

"Hey, sweetheart," I smiled as I brushed her hair from her face with my fingers.

Her skin was really warm and a little bit damp with sweat.

She has a fever...

"What happened?" She murmured. "Where... Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, sweetie. You got bit by a black widow spider and had an allergic reaction," I said, holding her hand.

"Really?" She frowned.

"Yes... Love, did you know you were allergic to spider bites?" Alice asked her.

Melody frowned at that, but then shook her head. "It... It just looked like a weird spider, b-but.... I thought was a regular one," she said.

"Its alright. But from now on, just be careful with animals like that, alright?" I asked.

She nodded, then groaned in pain as she held her head.

"Melody?" I asked.

"My head... Its hurts," she whimpered weakly.

The nurse walked over and examined her pulse a d shone a light in her eyes.

"Miss Melody, scale of 1-10, how much does it hurt?" The nurse asked her.

"I-I feel weird," she murmured weakly with a frown.

"I know, honey, you just need some rest, the doctors are taking care of you," I said.

"N-No, it..... it...." she said almost in a slur.

"Mel?" I asked as she had an almost blank look in her face.

All of a sudden her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her body started to violently spasm on the bed as her little hand immediately gripped mine.

"MELODY!!" Alice and I screamed as nurses rushed in and moved us aside.

"What's happening to her!?" Alice sobbed as we watched them suddenly turn Melody to her side and tried to calm her down.

"She's having a seizure," A nurse said before telling another nurse to get her something while she tried to calm Melody down.

I watched horrified as my daughter's body shook hard and the doctors holding her down.

It was almost a minute until she finally stopped and laid still, her heart monitor thankfully still beating.

We sighed with relief as the doctors and nurses adjusted Melody back in her bed, making sure she was comfortable before we rushed to her side.

"She'll be alright," the doctor sighed with relief as nurses checked her up.

"BP's back to normal, vitals seem fine so far," one said.

"Will she wake up?" I asked.

"Soon," the doctor assured. "Its best to let her rest for now and when she wakes up we can run some more tests. We're also going to give her a few more milligrams of the antivenom to help her and some morphine in her drip to ease any pain."

I took a relieved breath as I leaned over and kissed Melody's forehead and rested my cheek against it as I gripped her hand.

"Your daughter is very strong Mister Ferguson," a nurse said as she was about to leave. "She will recover, I'm sure of it. Just have hope."

I took a deep breath and nodded as she left and Alice held my hand.

"Please get better," I mumbled to Melody as she slept.

Soon we saw a figure at the door and we turn to see it was Jake, followed by the others, standing at the door with sad looks.

"We saw a lot of commotion..." CC said nervously.

I pursed my lips and stood up. "Just a scare... She's alright now," I said as they walked in.

"Here, umm... This was the spider that bit her," Inna said, holding out a little tiny plastic container she had in her hands. "We had to show the doctors what it was so they would know."

I looked over and sure enough, it was a black widow spider, now crushed and lifeless.

I sighed as I put it aside and focused my attention on Melody.

"She's tough, brother. She'll pull through," Ashley assured.

I held back my tears as I bought Melody's hand to my lips and kissed the back of it before holding it tightly in my hands.

I really do hope she recovers soon.

~~~~~

Hope you're all enjoying the story!! ♥

🎹Currently in Sapph's Playlist:

Consider Me Dead "Better Off Without You"

♡~ sapphire.