❦ Chapter 37 - Bait

*Jake*

The time came.

The guys and I lended Jinxx money to complete the stack, and we all stuffed it in an envelope.

Forces were hidden and ready.

"Well?" Ben asked.

Asking Alexandria were one of the bands we asked to help us find Melody, since they were in town.n total, we have 14 other bands looking for Melody, but Asking Alexandria was with us as we stood at a hidden distance.

Alice looked like she was going to have a panic attack, and I don't blame her.

Jinxx could get hurt. These people may not have Melody. They might not even show.

We watched as Jinxx stood by the statue, waiting.

I saw Alice trying her best to be strong, but she did not look so good. I walked over to her.

"Alice, you should sit down or something. You don't look too well," I said. "Let me get Ashley to take you home."

She stayed quiet as a single tear fell down her cheek and she took a deep breath, shaking her head.

"We found out yesterday afternoon before her show.... We were gonna tell her at dinner," she sniffled. "Jinxx was so happy, and now..."

"Who, Melody?" I asked.

She let out a soft cry and nodded as she tried to compose herself.

"What were you two going to tell her?" I asked.

She hesitated as she looked down, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Alice, what-"

"Shhh," Andy said as we turned. "Its time.

*Jinxx*

I stood by the statue, taking a deep breath as I looked at my watch.

It looked like I was completely alone, but I knew I wasn't.

I have never been super religious before, but I still said a silent prayer to God, praying that I would have my daughter with me and I wouldn't have to keep waiting another agonizing minute or hour.

"Hey," a voice said and I turn to see a thin guy with a short beard and dark hair, tan skin, wearing all black.

It must be him...

"Where is my daughter?" I asked him.

"Where's the money?" He snapped.

I took a deep breath and held up the envelope.

"Give it to me," he said.

"Melody first," I snapped. "And you can have your money."

All of a sudden his gun was up at me.

I took a deep breath as I remain calm, then walked over with the money.

Once he had it in his hands, I backed up.

"You got the amount asked for?" He said.

"Ask them," I said

He looked at me confused when suddenly the entire police force popped up, guns pointed at the guy from all directions.

He grunted and held his hands up as Detective Fletcher came up and handcuffed him.

"Where's the girl?" He asked the guy.

"You'll never find her now," he snickered in my direction.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I snarled, about to charge but Jake and Andy held me back.