❦ Chapter 7 - Official

[Melody's POV]

Jinxx was such a great person. We had so much in common, from our favorite composers to even our favorite foods and even favorite place to visit, or in my case want to go.

This band of theirs, Black Veil Brides, sounds exciting.

His friend and band mate, Jake, seemed like a great person, too.

Both were very kind and Jinxx told me he was going to confirm the adoption the next day, which is today.

Right now I was relaxing in the porch waiting for him when Jake walked out.

"Hey, you," he smiled.

"Hello, Mr. Pitts," I smiled.

He chuckled. "Just Jake. Mr. Pitts is my father."

"Okay, Jake," I smiled as he sat next to me.

"Mind if I ask you a couple more questions?" he asked.

"Go ahead," I said.

"Well, if its okay to ask... What do you know about your mother?" he asked.

I bit my lip and shrugged. "Only that she abandoned me in the orphanage a month after my birth."

He nodded. "And your father?"

"Nothing. When I asked, they had nothing on the files," I said.

"Oh, really?" he said.

I nodded. "But I live with it."

He nodded as then Jinxx's car pulled up and him and Travis climbed out.

"How did it go?" Jake asked. Jinxx just smiled.

"Miss Melody, you are officially my daughter," he smiled, holding up an adoption certificate.

I smiled and ran up into his open arms, hugging him as he caught me.

"You are now officially Melody Antoinette Ferguson," Jinxx smiled.

"Thank you so much, Jinxx," I said excitedly.

"Its nothing, really. Listen, you'll be coming with me and Jake tomorrow to continue the tour until we arrive to California where I live, so go get your bags ready," He said.

"Okay," I said and hurried inside, almost bumping into Momma Jinxx.

"Ohh, easy now," she laughed.

"Jinxx cleared the adoption. I'm officially a Ferguson," I said happily.

"That is amazing! Welcome to the family, sweetheart," she smiled as we hugged.

"Thank you so much. I have to go pack. Jinxx says I'm leaving with him and Jake," I said.

"Then don't let me stop you," she chuckles as she shooed me off. "Lunch will be ready soon."

"Okay," I said as I went upstairs.

[Jinxx's POV]

"So, what now?" Jake asked. "You have to tell her."

"Oh, yeah, just walk up and say 'Hey kiddo, what's up? Want to go get some ice cream, go watch a movie, maybe later take a DNA test to see if I'm your biological father who had no idea of your existence until recently when your drugged up mom told me about you?' Yeah, that's gonna leave a great impression on her," I said.

"Well, yeah, give it yime, but how are you gonna tell her? Obviously not like that," he said.

I sighed, running my hair yhrough my hands.

"I don't know."