The Note

Raymond's POV

I was sitting in my office doing paperwork. I got a call from Jared.

"Hello?" I said.

"Raymond?"

"Yeah."

"Where's Juliet?"

"I don't know. What happened."

"I took her to my family's castle and I marked her. Then she found out that I didn't use protection when I had sex with her sister so she ran off."

"How could you have been so stupid not to use protection?"

"It slipped my mind."

"Sure it did."

"Whatever do you know where she is?"

"No. Let me check her room." I walked to Juliet's room and I knocked on the door.

"Juliet?" No answer. I opened the door and She wasn't there. I noticed a piece of paper on her bed.

'Dear Raymond,

I found out that my sister might be waiting for my mate's baby. I wanted to say thank you for taking me in when I first arrived in your territory. I've decided to leave. I've been hurt too much. Don't come looking for me. I have to move on. Tell Serenity that I'll miss her. I'll still be training and getting stronger. I'll miss you.

Love,

Juliet'

I finished reading the letter.

"Raymond?" I remembered that Jared was still on the phone.

"She left."

"What do you mean she left!?"

"She ran away! She left a letter explaining everything and saying don't look for her!"

"Trackdown her scent. We'll find her." He said before he hung up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Juliet's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. I picked up the knife and I started to cut his mark. Every slice brought pain as I felt our bond breaking. But I didn't stop. When I made the final cut I screamed in agony. The bond had been broken. And soon it would be gone.