Chapter 51- I'm Kidding. There's No Happy Ending

Percy's POV

"Where's Annabeth?! Where'd you taken her!?" I asked as Ethan and Julien tie me in a chair. They were grinning mischievously as they did so. All I wanted was to smack them both, but with their combined force, they were stronger than me.

"Chill, Andy. You'll see her soon." Julien crossed his arms while looking down at me. I spit on him.

"It's Percy!"

"Whatever. You're the same idiot as before." He said, rolling his eyes as his glare harden. He jogged towards Mr. Dare and whispered something.

It has been two days since they hijacked us on the road to Long Island Sound. Ever since then, he led me and Annabeth into an old warehouse, putting us both in different rooms.

"Percy...you should know where to stop. Mr. Dare will never have patience for you. Not when you fled out of the country while you two still have the deal." Ethan complained, now at ease more than Julien.

"But I don't love Rachel." I blurted out of the blue.

"Yeah. I know that. We all do. But ya gotta do what Dare wants." He said as he seat at the chair opposite mine. There's nothing I can do. The pain in my chest was building up as I think of all the bad things they could do to Annabeth. I just wish she's smart enough to get out of here...but knowing her, she won't do that.

Ethan put both of his hands on his pocket. "If I put this bullet in your head and pull this trigger, don't take it seriously. Nothing Personal."

[😏 see what I did there ATL fans]

Ethan loaded the gun with an amused expression, then pointed it at the temple of my head. He was grinning as he alternately pointed the gun on my left side and my right side. My heart was hammering out of my chest as he did this.

"Ethan, you're scaring him." Mr. Dare told him and he obeyed, stopping what he was doing.

Mr. Dare stood from his seat and sauntered towards me, folding the sleeves of his suit whilst holding a huge baseball bat.

"Mr. Dare, please—" I was cut off by the bat, in contact of my face. I groaned out of pain as I knew for sure I would get a bruise at the side of my face.

My mind went buzz for a second as the hit impacted my brain. I looked at the ground, shaking my head.

"You should have known better, Percy. We had a deal." Mr. Dare retorted back at me.

"A deal..." I looked up at him, my whole body beading with sweat. "A deal for planning to take over the company of my dad."

He sighed, whether in annoyance or anything, I don't know. I just know that, when I get the chance, I would smack his head hard.

"Percy...business is business. Whether it's killing or not...it's still business." Mr. Dare put his hand on my hair, gripping it as he try to make me look at him.

"Where's Annabeth!?" I asked him.

"Ethan...I'm getting tired of him. Can you give him a good head smack for me?" Mr. Dare asked Ethan, who grinned as he took a knife out of his pocket. My legs shook as I saw the sharp object.

"This is fun. I've always dreamed of torturing you. You killed my friend, and you're going to pay." Said Ethan as he clean his knife.

"Caleb? I didn't...I didn't kill him." I said as I look at the knife in front of me.

"But he leads to killing himself because of you." He retorted back.

"Well then that's his fault. He's the idiot–" He cut my cheeks, making it bleed instantly. I cried out of pain.